16 yrs, 4 mths ago

Why is Australia behind with TV shows

Hi there,

why is Aussie television so behind compared to North America? I’m already on episode 8 of Gossip Girls and it hasn’t even come out in Oz yet?

16 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 13 yrs, 1 mth ago

Yes this really pisses me off the most with Supernatural. Chanel 10 would just randomly stop playing it mid season and then start back up months later. Chanel Eleven is now playing season 5 of supernatural, but did not start from the beginning. The US is mid way through season 6, so of course I download and have every single episode 🙂 You would think tv stations would catch on that the only way to boost viewer numbers (especially on channel eleven which is aimed at young people), would be to play the popular tv shows, up to date. I don`t even bother watching tv anymore.

• 13 yrs, 2 mths ago

It`s annoying because supposedly it`s “”illegal”” to download the shows. But why should we have to wait so long?! I`m up to episode 12 of Criminal Minds season 6, and it hasn`t even started here yet!

Oh and when season 2 of Castle ended a couple weeks ago, I was annoyed because I loved watching it Sunday nights. So I looked it up online and they`re up to ep 13 of season 3 in the US!!

• 13 yrs, 2 mths ago

I think it`s because we live “”down under””. Australia`s considered quite far from other countries aren`t we? We always get EVERYTHING from makeup to clothes to tv shows slower than everyone else.

• 13 yrs, 2 mths ago

Australia is behind in everything ! Its weird…. its not like we love on mars

• 13 yrs, 2 mths ago

Yeah I don`t bother waiting for it to air on TV…just download it!

haha me too though I only stream watch it- haha thats so bad!

• 13 yrs, 4 mths ago

Yeah I don`t bother waiting for it to air on TV…just download it!

• 15 yrs, 10 mths ago

I know House is my favourite show and I want to see new episodes.Hugh Laurie is a great actor.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

When Channel 10 said that their episodes were on at the same time as the US, it`s really about 2 weeks behind. I guess that`s an improvement to us being several months behind!
    And do you really think TV is `quality` these days? Just curious 🙂

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

i dont know if they`ve started showing grey`s anatomy here but im on the 10th episode 🙂 i watch heroes on the net too. i didn`t know about gossip girl i`ll definetly start watching that on the net too. why dont they just air at the same time with U.S?

• 16 yrs, 4 mths ago

Nope, I love reality tv:)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.