13 yrs, 2 mths ago

ghosts?

does anyone here believe in ghostS? i thought this would be an interesting topic to post, when i was younger me and my friends used to get really freaked out by them id love to hear your stories!

27 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 12 yrs, 11 mths ago

I believe in spirits. I heard this from my viiolin teacher about her friend who teachs pianos:
    Whenever she finishs her lessons at night, she would put on the covers for all her pianos and close the lid and the door to the room. Everyday, when she woke up, the door would be open and all the piano lids would be standing upright. the protective cover for the keys would lay neatly on the seats.
    She also would hear the pianos playing at night. This scared her so much, she moved out of that house.

I thought that must have been really frightening for the lady. Quite a creepy story to share :S

so then..
    what is wrong with me that whn i reda things like that i just end up laughing, instead of nodding my head or saying yea thats spooky?
    i think ppl buy into a lot of stuff that COULD have other explanataion.. but im sure if things happen to me directly id prob be freaked out.

she lived alone. I thought i’d just share it because for me, that’s pretty creepy. Sometimes my sister would randomly play the piano in the middle of the night and that just really gets to me :S
    It’s not a very pleasant feeling being uncomfortable in your own home.

• 12 yrs, 11 mths ago

I definitely believe in Spirits. I’ve heard and seen some strange things growing up around the UK. There’s so many stories I could tell but I’ve never been actually scared of ‘the unknown’ and of earth bound spirits. Even took a course in Parapsychology to see if there was something wrong with me for seeing things ‘that aren’t there’ and went to a shrink too to see if I had delusional problems when I was younger. haha

• 12 yrs, 11 mths ago

I believe in spirits. I heard this from my viiolin teacher about her friend who teachs pianos:
    Whenever she finishs her lessons at night, she would put on the covers for all her pianos and close the lid and the door to the room. Everyday, when she woke up, the door would be open and all the piano lids would be standing upright. the protective cover for the keys would lay neatly on the seats.
    She also would hear the pianos playing at night. This scared her so much, she moved out of that house.

I thought that must have been really frightening for the lady. Quite a creepy story to share :S

so then..
    what is wrong with me that whn i reda things like that i just end up laughing, instead of nodding my head or saying yea thats spooky?
    i think ppl buy into a lot of stuff that COULD have other explanataion.. but im sure if things happen to me directly id prob be freaked out.

• 12 yrs, 11 mths ago

• 12 yrs, 11 mths ago

Some interesting thoughts and ideas here. I am a believer of the afterlife and the many ways that it may manifest. @Viva I enjoyed hearing about the many types and stories you mention. I had a friend who had many interesting stories from Vietnam and some of the ones you mention reminded me of those 🙂 @sudha, I do know of sleep paralysis and believe there is medical explanations for that but have experienced something myself many, many years ago which keeps my mind open to al possibilites with that. @Natrissara, you have the right idea, pretty much tell them to go away and they do, lol. Love your funny comments 🙂

• 12 yrs, 11 mths ago

really over-active imaginations.
    i think most of this is mind over matter
    that said..
    if it gets to you- it gets to you, and its hard to ‘learn / repair’ your mind and thinking to get over things.

i know a pile of ghost stories. when they get told and i get freakd out i hate it but its also col at the time czo of the thrill.
    but i dont ever hav issues with my home. been here ages, i ahve my dogs, and also – i know what and where everything is , in the daylgiht.. so it cant suddenly be all spooky and diff in the nite.

thats just me. sometiems i jsut call it the ‘ sciene mind thinking ‘ coz i need it to be realy clear and logical .

and Viva- like ur named ghosts – apparently all the indo ghosts cared for their hair so well, they all have geat long hair?!
    lolz.
    x

NAT nat!! you’re funny!! yeah, all of our ghosts have long hair and scary eyes apparently! never seen one and dont wanna jinx it too!! LOL

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    my place doesnt have ghosts i sscare them away with the sound of my nails tappping on things !
    been missing ur cheery comments here, also cna chat if ur around still tonite. x

• 12 yrs, 11 mths ago

that said..
    if it gets to you- it gets to you, and its hard to ‘learn / repair’ your mind and thinking to get over things.

i know a pile of ghost stories. when they get told and i get freakd out i hate it but its also col at the time czo of the thrill.
    but i dont ever hav issues with my home. been here ages, i ahve my dogs, and also – i know what and where everything is , in the daylgiht.. so it cant suddenly be all spooky and diff in the nite.

thats just me. sometiems i jsut call it the ‘ sciene mind thinking ‘ coz i need it to be realy clear and logical .

and Viva- like ur named ghosts – apparently all the indo ghosts cared for their hair so well, they all have geat long hair?!
    lolz.
    x

NAT nat!! you’re funny!! yeah, all of our ghosts have long hair and scary eyes apparently! never seen one and dont wanna jinx it too!! LOL

• 12 yrs, 11 mths ago

that said..

lolz.
    x

• 12 yrs, 11 mths ago

Hi guys,….i 26 years old and ashamed to say this but im scared of staying home alone after say 9pm….i have never actually seen or experienced a ghost but im really interested in watching ghost movies and watching documentaries about paranormal activities,…..after i watch these things the fright it severe,….some times even at day time im too scared to stay alone at home,….or if i do go out to the mall or something im scared to go to the washroom if its empty? is it just me or are others like this ,……i know its common when we were children and i have never grown out of it,…..some times im ashamed of myself because i become a pain for the ppl with me,…for example i got married v.recently and sometimes my husband finishes work late ….i go home and sit in the lounge room without going to the rooms or the loo till he comes home and when he gets late i call hime about 10 times…..i know its irritating but its only cos im too scared of being alone in a closed enviornment…is it normal…..im not scared of anything else and i do not have any other phobia,….my husband will go interstate for work purposes and i have to stay alone for 3 nights next month……i almost cried didnt know what to do he said that i have to learn….but for me no way….atlast made arrangments with a friend of mine she has a spare room for me in her house ..another thing is anyone heard of “sleep paralysis” the feeling that you get when u are sleeping and feel somebody is strangling you? you try to open your eyes but u cant ,…u cant open ur mounth and shout for help?….this thing sits on top of you and doesnt let you move,…..this has happened to me few times when i was alone…..it myt be becuse of this that im scared…..there is a scientific and a paranormal explanation for this phenomenon…….any views on this ?

• 12 yrs, 11 mths ago

Just reading these stories terrify me incredibelly. I’m absolutely scared now. I seriously regret coming to this forum. One question, can they hurt us if they’re around? OMG, please someone answer…im petrified to even move.

Me too!!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.