16 yrs, 2 mths ago

flax seed

does it really help you loose weight?

15 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 15 yrs ago

I think the theory behind that one assumes that “”good fats”” (like those in olive oil, flaxseed oil, avocadoes, coconut oil etc) will eliminate your cravings for “”bad”” fats, as well as keep you feeling fuller for longer, so you eat less.

I`m right on the good fat bandwagon and avoid trans-fats wherever possible – I find it very interesting that since the introduction of margarine, hydrogenated fats & other such nasties, the western world`s incidents of heart problems & obesity have increased dramatically! I know there are other reasons behind this also (decrease in exercise etc etc) but I`d rather use proper butter than margarine any day. Does anyone remember the ad where the little girls asks her mum where butter comes from & she explains you get fresh milk & stir it and stir it and you get butter. She then asks where margarine comes from & her mum says “”Ask your father sweetie – he`s the chemist!!””

• 15 yrs ago

I think the theory behind that one assumes that “”good fats”” (like those in olive oil, flaxseed oil, avocadoes, coconut oil etc) will eliminate your cravings for “”bad”” fats, as well as keep you feeling fuller for longer, so you eat less.

I`m right on the good fat bandwagon and avoid trans-fats wherever possible – I find it very interesting that since the introduction of margarine, hydrogenated fats & other such nasties, the western world`s incidents of heart problems & obesity have increased dramatically! I know there are other reasons behind this also (decrease in exercise etc etc) but I`d rather use proper butter than margarine any day. Does anyone remember the ad where the little girls asks her mum where butter comes from & she explains you get fresh milk & stir it and stir it and you get butter. She then asks where margarine comes from & her mum says “”Ask your father sweetie – he`s the chemist!!””

• 15 yrs ago

• 15 yrs ago

for what I know its not for weight lost only for getting rid of the wastes in your body, but you have drink more water for such process. Doesn`t really make you lose weight

• 15 yrs ago

for what I know its not for weight lost only for getting rid of the wastes in your body, but you have drink more water for such process. Doesn`t really make you lose weight

• 15 yrs ago

• 16 yrs ago

Flax seed oil is great for making your skin look healthier as far as weight loss ive never heard of that.

• 16 yrs ago

Flax seed oil is great for making your skin look healthier as far as weight loss ive never heard of that.

• 16 yrs ago

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

flax seed…. hmm i have a neck wrap that is filled with flaxseed that you can heat up.. thats the only thing iv ever heard them used for.?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.