16 yrs, 2 mths ago

essential oils

I absoultly love essential oils they have many uses;
as a perfume, simply dam a few drops on your neck, wrists and chest
cheap oil baths; simply add a few drops of essential oils; smeels great and leaves skin silky
add a few drops to a large bowl of hot water, lean over the bowl with a towel over your head, this helps unblock pores, follow this by a light cleanser
home made bath crystals, add a few drops of your fav. essential oil to some epson salts. cheap and your can pick your fav scent
(some essential oils are available in your fav perfume scent, like opium)
anyone else got ant other uses?

10 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 14 yrs, 3 mths ago

I love lotus essential oil as a perfume. Funny thing is, the rest of my family thinks it smells like insect killer. Sigh, what makes a good smell is so subjective to everybody`s perceptions!
    Such a dilemma; I want to wear it because it smells nice, but I don`t want to put other people off.

• 14 yrs, 11 mths ago

Mmmm I really like essential oils too! They have a real history and go back centuries and they really fascinate me actually!! I`m currently trying out some of the Platypus Dreams products. They have a stack of gorgeous essential oils in them and I`m really loving using their products. I can`t wait to use their soap with 70% virgin olive oil in it – but I`m just using up my old soap first.

• 14 yrs, 11 mths ago

The Pure Natural Skin Care range uses essential oils in all their products if anyone is interested! Im obsessed with essential oils haha, I cant get enough!

• 14 yrs, 12 mths ago

I mainly just use them in an oil burner but would really like trying to make some of my own beauty products with essentail oils, it would be a great hobby i reccon just need some motivation to start, lol.

• 14 yrs, 12 mths ago

I use them in toners and moisturisers. NEVER put them straight onto the skin..I made a toner too strong once and my skin was burning!!

• 14 yrs, 12 mths ago

i put some lavender oil on my bedside lamp and turn it on…the heat makes the smell fill the room. That`s my little tip 😛

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

I mix Neem Oil, Lavendar Oil, Tea Tree Oil and Eucalyptus Oils altogether in a sprayer which has just normal tap water in it and shake it well before spraying on my children`s heads before they go to school each morning. I believe it makes the head lice prefer other kids heads other than my own children`s!!! I use it especially when a note comes home from school saying that someone in the class has been spotted with nits. I am pretty sure it makes the lice not want my children`s heads. They smell nice anyhow!!

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

I like to put a bit of lavendar on my PJs before I go to sleep for greater relaxation. Or a teeny bit of citrus in towels.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

PLEASE don`t use essential oils directly on the skin. they are concentrated products that need to be diluted.
    the occasional drop of lavender for a headache or on a bandaid for cuts or t.tree on a pimple is ok
    other than that they should be used in a carrier oil or perfume base (eg:vodka).
    Using them directly on the skin won`t give you much of a perfume effect anyway as they are highly volitile and will evaporate quickly.
    sorry if i sound like i am rousing but i worked for an aromatherapy co for a few years and we saw some terrible outcomes from customers doing this.
    you`ll also find if they are in a perfume scent they are not essential oils but fragrant oils, these are fine to use on the skin.
    lol 🙂

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Do be careful when you apply any to your neck area during the daytime. It`s best to skip the neck if you are going to be exposed to the sun-oil and sun don`t mix too well.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.