16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Cutting nails

Why is it better to use a file instead of using scissors?
I know clipping can cause damage like cracking the nail but I don’t know about the scissors.

13 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

Thanks for the tip

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

i always use files, cutting makes me cringe and always has disasterous effects! lol

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

thanks for the tips

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

I actually do mine before showering!

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

i have always clipped my nails after a bath….. no wonder i never saw any cracking!

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

Wow I didn`t know that either? Used to use scissors, but been using clippers for years as they`re so much easier? My nails are fine – never had any probs with them being soft/cracked or anything.

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

I didn`t know all that either. My nails usually break off after a while coz they are quite soft, so I only ever file them. Only use nail clippers on my toenails.

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

I didn`t think that using scissors or clippers could do that sort of damage?…I`ve never had a problem with them…I use really fine, sharp, pointed scissors which you can purchase from Priceline…tho clippers are easier to use…and then just file down as per usual.

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

Top advice ladies, my talons grow quickly and I only use clippers when looking to trim them short, followed by the soft side of a file, followed by a warm rinse in a natural hand wash and hand cream. have used this method for years and my talons are very strong and look fantabulous with or without polish

• 15 yrs, 8 mths ago

Hi ladies,
    I am trained in Beauty Therapy and when you`re sutting or filing nails, file in one direction not back and forth like a see-saw otherwise they will be damaged for a long time. Good to cut your nails down and just gently file the areas of interest.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.