16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Cleaning hairbrush

What is the best way? I try pull out hairs after each use and I keep it in a drawer to minimise dust, but it’s still ikky!
Do I let it soak in a shampoo-in-basin for a few hours or something?
I use a boar bristle brush and occasionally a wide-tooth comb.

13 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 15 yrs ago

wow… I didn`t know that thank! I will clean it with comb and shampoo it. I used to throw it out. Its abit expensive. Thanks to all!

• 15 yrs ago

I just think it`s a waste to throw out a perfectly good brush when I can clean it.

And yeah melmeko, it`s SO old! I was looking for this so I`m glad I found it again for the instructions! I have yet to use the oils though, I`m thinking I may not bother because the comb is fine – thanks so much, bexie!

• 15 yrs, 1 mth ago

oh wow here is a confession for you i`ve never washed my hairbrush 😮 i usually clean the hair and that`s it!! thanks for the info 😉

• 15 yrs, 1 mth ago

Soak in shampoo and boiling water comb out the hairs that are stuck… too easy!

• 15 yrs, 1 mth ago

That`s a good idea. I`ll do that after combing the hair out.

• 15 yrs, 1 mth ago

I was just thinking about this. thanks for the info 🙂

• 15 yrs, 1 mth ago

This is so old, lol.

• 15 yrs, 1 mth ago

Wow i hardly every clean my hair brush, i pull the hair our occasionally and throw it away but i didnt know you can clean it and now i know how thanks xx

• 15 yrs, 1 mth ago

Hot water and a essential oil! 😀 the boiling hot water kills bacteria or germs etc

• 15 yrs, 1 mth ago

Agree with bexie – using a comb is the simplest way

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.