16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Where does one start?

Hello to all, my sister is about to give birth and she’s been asking me for advice regarding which babycare products to purchase (hence why i’ve become a member here). I assumed there were little trial packs out there for her to use. Do they exist? If so, where?

15 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs ago

I found the J&J stuff made my daughters skin really dry and was terrible when she had nappy rash. It was fine for my eldest, and so I stocked up for baby #2 (doh!)

I did like the Gaia stuff, but in the end I just used a drop of Sorblene and a drop of lavender essential oil (Le Reve) in her bath and Sudocream on her bottom for nappy rash. This was far cheaper, and frankly more effective.

If her nappy rash got really bad, I would use a anti-fungal cream (like a tinea treatment cream) and that really really helped.

• 16 yrs ago

I am using some products from Mustela. They have a face moisturiser that is very gentle and nice and it has this amazing fragrance. Peoples always comment on how beautiful my son smells when he is wearing it (even other mothers). They also have a baby shampoo that cures cradlecap very gently. You can buy these at pharmacies.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

I recommend the Gaia skin naturals sample kit as well, it`s lovely and natural and you know she will use it even if she has a sensitive- skinned bub. They`ve started stocking it in supermarkets also now, not just chemists. The tiral pack comes in a clear snap lock bag and from memory was about $25. you can get the individual bottles in regular size for about $10-$11, they are totally worthe the money!

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

I`m not sure but I think it might be Amcal that have samples if you go in and just ask.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

The Johnson`s Lavender Bath baby wash is lovely to use before bed at nighttime. It smells relaxing for a busy mum too.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

I have another natural one to add which is natural instinct. http://www.naturalinstinct.com.au they have a various range of natural products which include baby products. their products are sold at Pricline, pharmacies and healthfood stores. they are reasonably priced as well.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Tri – Nature products are nice and natural too (www.trinature.com.au)

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

if she wants natural baby care (no or little synthetic ingredients ) gaia do a nice range or aromababy too. all very gentle soothing and smell soooooo good.
    has your sister had the baby yet? let us know what she has and bub`s name. it is so exciting.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

See if any chemists have baby clubs near your sis, when i joined up to my ones they gave my a heap of samples to try. Also you can get 3 baby bags, 1 when you book into hospital,1 when you give birth and you can also get one from target using the coupon in the 2nd bag. They all have fantastic samples for you to try for both mum and baby. Hope this helps a bit!

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Thanks for your help, I appreciate the shared experiences and knowledge offered!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.