vnvPlatinumVnv
Founding Member
Platinum
16 yrs, 1 mth ago

The Dreaded Cold

I just started a really great job that is very competitive. The first 3 weeks are induction which involves sitting in a room with 13 other people. I have caught a cold from someone. I don’t usually take medication etc, sometimes I will up my vitamin intake (Vitamin C, Zinc, Multi) however this job is really important and I need to be at my best. Also, I want to avoid passing it on to anyone else.

What works for you? I mainly have a runny nose and headache/fever I want to treat. A sore throat I can deal with.

20 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 14 yrs, 10 mths ago

i thought oranges were a good cure .. ekkk !

• 14 yrs, 10 mths ago

I felt a cold coming on early in the week. I purchased the Swisse Immune supplement and took two a day and I`m happy to report that the cold has seemed to subside. I don`t know if it was a coincidence but I highly recommend taking an immune boosting supplement. One of the ingredients in the Swisse Immune supplement is Olive Leaf extract.

• 14 yrs, 10 mths ago

I had a tickle in my throat yesterday that would not go away and over night its turned in to the most disgusting-dog bark-cough.my throat and chest are burning and aching and i cant breathe properly.what would help me, as i have 6 days of my course left til i graduate and i cant afford to miss any, what with all the final exams coming up.please help me! 🙁

• 14 yrs, 10 mths ago

Oops just noticed it was mentioned above in another post…I think I have mentioned it on here awhile back too.

Another great thing for bronchitis is taking horseradish and garlic tablets…they help break down the mucous.

• 14 yrs, 10 mths ago

You cant go past olive leaf extract ..I have come down with a cold and the health food store near me doesnt even stock it?! like wth!!
    http://www.olea.com.au can tell you all about its versatility…I used this brand when I went to Tassie many years ago and had near phneumonia this was my life saver!
    I have also noticed this brand http://www.oliveleafaustralia.com.au/ in a Coles I think?! I cant remember where exactly.

• 14 yrs, 10 mths ago

Urgh- at home with a cold today and feeling miserable, I thought I would check out BH to see what the lovely BH ladies reccomend and I have found some good tips.
    I`m going to get in to the garlic and chilli for sure and drink lots of water. Next time I`m out I will look for some olive leaf extract to try – I have heard good things about it.
    Thanks ladies for your suggestions, sniffle. x

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

Sudafed will dry up the runny nose straight away

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

of course the soup would only work if its home made not packet crap ?

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

I would say load up on vitamins from multis, vita c pills etc. and all the fresh fruit and vegies you can. Stay hydrated with water etc.
    And take some echinacea forte 3000, this stuff is great for colds. And Coldral day & night, I prefer the original to the new version they push now.
    And I saw an article on yahoo about chicken soup, and that it really does help with colds…it was something in the chicken that really helps you recover from them. and all the garlic (they suggested using 30 cloves of garlic) I searched yahoo for the recipe but couldn`t find it sorry, but im sure its easy to find if your familiar with it.
    And exercise too, if you`ve got any energy left lol
    And booey to the peron who gave you the cold too, you did say it was competitive tho 😉

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

Yum, can I come to your place for dinner Elmo??? 🙂

I love oranges too, but sometimes they can be really flavourless. And the messy factor is a pain!
    I`m glad I was able to offer some useful advice!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.