16 yrs, 5 mths ago

Suggestions for Beauty Heaven

Hi there I thought it would be good if you could get an email sent every time someone replys to a topic you have posted on. No emails get sent until you click on the link and check the post. This happens on other forums I am in.

54 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 15 yrs, 5 mths ago

It would be great if they could add more things able to do! This site would lots of fun

• 15 yrs, 5 mths ago

Another way would be to have a short profile with space for links to facebook and myspace profiles. After all, just about everybody these days has one or the other if not both.

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

I think the forums should onyl be able to be viewed by members, it would be much safer. People can just look at the site and cruise through the forums all they want! not that too much personal information has been share within the forums, but some have liste their emails for whatever reason so it coul be potentially angerous! I think just like on facebook or myspace when you can set your profile to be private so only the friends you have accepted can see it, we should have something similar for bh. just to be careful

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

I think the profile idea`s a good one AliceJane. Maybe we could also have more options for our profile, like space to write about our interests, favourite products and that kind of thing?
    It would also be good if we were able to edit our reviews because I find that after using a product for a certain amount of time, my opinion of it can change, so it would be good to be able to add this in without writing a whole new review

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

I was on one site where the site got hacked and the hackers stole the list of names and email addresses that weren`t publically visible and then posted them onto another site. Luckily it was my gmail account and the spam filtering there is pretty good. I would have been really upset if it had been my email account at my ISP!

I have noticed that if you are reading a review that someone has written, you can see their profile. There doesn`t seem to be a way to get to profiles from the forums. It would be nice to be able to look at someone`s profile when reading their forum posts.

The ability to list facebook, myspace and yahooIM links would be good, but it would be best if they were only visible to logged in members.

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

id never put my email addressup on the site , no way! you never know what creeps are lruking around…

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

sharna, i believe that the bloom comp wont be open/online until monday, as its next weeks comp..they were just giving us a heads up about it to make us all eager and wanting to enter 😉

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

I did mention the pm function would be a good idea last year. A lot of us get to know each other through the forums and it would be nice if we were able to exchange personal messages or pass on personal details to each other. I wouldn`t want to post my email address on the forums for everyone to see.

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

Yeh I third or fourth that idea! No offence to anyone – but anyone can view these forums online and I don`t want to put my email address up there for that exact reason!

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

where is this bloom comp that was mentioned in the newsletter yesterday?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.