16 yrs ago

small eyes

Hi, I have small eyes and I was wondering what I could do to make them appear larger and more defined?

27 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 14 yrs, 8 mths ago

The general rule to makeup/countouring is that light makes things stand out, and dark pushes things in…. So based on that try the following:
    -Apply a light shade of eye colour from lash line to brow. Choose a shade slightly lighter than your natural skin tone.
    -Apply a medium shade of eye colour in the crease (make sure you don`t close off the edges with a C shape as is a common eye design as it closes the eye off and makes it look smaller) and blend up towards brow.
    -Use Eye liner on upper and lower lashes. No not close line at outer corner of eye.
    -Mascara to finish.

• 14 yrs, 9 mths ago

a little bit of white or even a light shimmery metallic shade works wonders to open the eyes up if you run it from the inner corner of your eye to around half way along the bottom lid

also, small wings which are delicate but visible help create the illusion of length along the eye – I usually apply a bit of white eyeshadow under the wing to emphasise it; depending on your eye shape, false eyelashes could be applied, making sure that you have trimmed them to the correct length if a set, or apply single ones which concentrate along the top-outer corners of your eyes

if you want something quite dramatic, apply white eyeshadow to the bottom rim of your eye, then a super-fine line of liquid eyeliner just below the bottom lid to `extend` the shape of the eye, although this will take practice & can be quite tedious

• 15 yrs, 1 mth ago

I apply light shde to the inner part of the eye (near the nose) and darker shades on the out edges of my eyes, not only does it make my eyes appear larger, but also makes them appear further appart.

• 15 yrs, 1 mth ago

this all sounds so helpful!!
    thanks guys!

• 15 yrs, 1 mth ago

hey I have a suggestion for you=) use a small, sharpened eyeliner in brown, grey or black and draw a thin line along the outer rim of your upper lashes from a little outside the center of your eye and then slightly flick it upwards when you reach the edge of your eye. always works for me!=) needs a little practise but its great!=) you could also try to apply a little bit of darker eyeshadow in your global line. see how that works for you=)

• 15 yrs, 1 mth ago

My eyes are a bit small, but my real problem is that they don`t really open wide.

2 tricks that I use to open up my eyes are to use a white eyeliner pencil to whiten the pink bit between the eyeball and the bottom lashes, and a small patch of pale eyeshadow on the middle of the top lid.

To colour the lower lid edge, I gently pull the lid away from the eye and work my way across. If tends to make the edge look like a continuation of the white of the eye.

The pale patch on the upper lid idea came from a makeup book. I put a decent spot of pale shadow on the top lid, in a sort of triangle with the top cut off, so it`s wider near the lashes and narrows as it goes up. I then apply my darker lid colour around that with a blended edge.

I still use dark (black or brown/black depending on my wig colour) eyeliner and mascara, with the eyeliner all the way around my eyes because, from experience, if I don`t line my eyes they end up looking male in spite of the makeup. For someone with more feminine shaped eyes, less eyeliner might work.

Alice

• 15 yrs, 1 mth ago

I think applying eyeliner to the bottom of the lash makes the eye appear smaller.
    SO i`d recommend only applying eyeliner to the top lash line, then using mascara on the bottom lashes to give you a wider eyed baby doll look.

• 15 yrs, 2 mths ago

Oh another one that came onto my mind is wing out your eyeliner so it appears as if your eyes look wider, that`s another tip!

• 15 yrs, 2 mths ago

Another tip if you do not have a heated curler is when you curl your lashes, blowdry your clamp for a bit for extra hold on your curl (don`t blowdry too long as you could burn yourself). Also waterproof mascaras hold curls much longer than regular mascaras as waterproof ones have wax in it.
    By the way if you have small eyes i suggest not putting black eyeliner on the lower lashes/waterline as this may make your eyes look even smaller! But instead of a black eyeliner, use a white eyeliner on your waterline so it appears as your eyes look bigger (;

• 15 yrs, 2 mths ago

It kind of takes time, but when you first curled it (not using mascara yet), then apply mascara, then wait till it`s dry and all you have to do is curl it again. It works for me! It`s best curled if you do it from the roots of the lashes up to the tip of the lashes, one by one each movement.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.