16 yrs, 2 mths ago

revlon limited edition 2008

just played with a couple of these today at pricline. i love the brown/gold eyeshadow (dont remember the name!) and their chrome lipglosses are AMAZING, i tried razzle dazzle and it was just brilliant. i want to try the rubyone and the nudes. the mix and mingle pallettes were okay but not really a standout. the eyeshadow/liner duo looked very nice but i didnt get time to play with them. i also tried the blush and iit was pretty good.

so anyone used any of the this collection? any favourites, recommendations or lemmings? letme know if you have actually made a purchase and how you find it.

12 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 15 yrs, 10 mths ago

i work in big w in the cosmetics area and get to play around with this makeup on nearly every shift. I have a few of the items, was obsessed with the molten metal eyeshadow from the first release (not sure how good that stuff is for ur skin though, same with the chrome lipgloss :s) I like the duo eyeshadow stick, the golden affair blush in dark red with gold in in from the first release, I tried the eyelash jewels but they are a bit of a waste of time and look weird like u have glue on ur eyelashes, the nail stickers are cute, the nailpolishes are awesome, sparkly eyeshadows are good too, I loved the illuminator sheer foundation and powder, bedroom eyes are great for doing a smokey look, just bitten lipstain is awesome too as lip stains are so in right now, so many people kept asking me if the sugar lip topping was actually sugar – no its just glitter to put on ur lipgloss, i love the new eyeshadows and blushes, the new sheer loose shadow is not bad but its hard to build up colour, i would recommend the one with purple in it and the mix and mingle lipgloss just looks messy but gives good shine. Sales vary from store to store, big w usually has a makeup sale with a catologue coming out in advance so you`d know and from time to time has manager specials. We had heaps of specials on last years limited edition as they were trying to get rid of it. I think it`s staying around for some time so I`ve heard.

• 15 yrs, 10 mths ago

I so want to try the floral affair blush, the packaging is gorgeous! Does anyone know how long after the collection release they go on sale? lol 0:-)

• 15 yrs, 10 mths ago

To be honest I liked the last years range better. In this one I only like one of the eyeshadow palette colours, one of the eyeshadow/liner duo colours and one of the chrome lipglosses. I liked almost all of the last range. Im just glad I managed to pick up a few of them before they disappeared when Revlon shortened the range.

• 15 yrs, 10 mths ago

last year`s limited edition by revlon was pretty cool! i got their lipstain and nail stickers. ended up getting very cheap from myer sale.

• 15 yrs, 10 mths ago

i bought the blush in 2 colours – love it!!! maybe i should try the eyeshadow too…

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

Ive just checked out their new range and other brands at priceline, gorgeous is all i can say but I was so overwhelmed by it all I didnt buy any- if i could I think I would of purchased everything just about. I think revlons range was about $10 cheaper at priceline than other places

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

I use the Revlon foundation stick and its just brilliant – there has been quite a few products that Revlon have discontinued.
    Its a shame, but I guess each new product has to supersede the last and keep going forward in the ever expanding and competitive world of cosmetics.

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

I love Revlon products wish BH could promote the brand. Mabey one for the future!!!

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

revlon`s last limited edition was amazing, i`d won a few of the products and cant stop using them! wish they`d kep them, hopefully i`ll find them around at discounted prices.i have the bare it all lotion, the lipstick, sugar sugar and the molten eyeshadow, too pretty!

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

I was looking at these in Priceline on Monday, they look so pretty, but I haven`t bought anything. I liked the gloss palettes and the eyeshadow/liner duo`s. I`m hoping they go on sale soon.
    I think the palettes with Eva etc on them are by L`oreal. They looked quite pretty, but I didn`t buy any of them either, cause I didn`t really like the idea of a cardboard palette.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.