5 mths, 4 wks ago

Phisohex

I am amazed that there doesn’t appear to be very much literature on Phisohex. I have been using it on my skin (mainly my face) for over 50 years. People always comment on my skin and how “nice” it is. I initially started using it due to having pimples and blackheads as a teenager. It was fantastic and when I stopped using it I once again “broke out”. I still have the skin problems due to hormonal issues and when the product is not available (which has happened quite frequently lately) I break out. Although advising people about this wonderful product it may make it harder for me to get it, I really think those people, especially teenagers, should try it if they have a problem with such issues as acne.

10 comments 9 voices

Replies

• 5 mths, 3 wks ago

My sister used to use this for her acne as a teenager – haven’t thought of it for such a long time.

• 5 mths, 3 wks ago

The primary ingredient in phisohex triclosan has been banned on Europe and USA. I wonder if it will het banned here. I used phiohex too for years. It was great but I am aware fda in many countries banned it.

• 5 mths, 3 wks ago

Just looked it up and saw the directions say to use it 3 times daily I have never had a product say that and I don’t have time for that but if it works it works and you can’t argue with what makes your skin look good.

• 5 mths, 3 wks ago

My doctor recommended this for folliculitis on my butt (the joy of sharing!),

• 5 mths, 3 wks ago

Thanks for this post Yvonne. Will tell my grand daughter about it.

• 5 mths, 3 wks ago

I used Phixohex as a teen, too. It’s available at Priceline & Chemist Warehouse.

• 5 mths, 3 wks ago

Reminds me of this French face wash that my cousin gifted me that I cannot recall the name of. She said it was very popular in France but it was like a boric acid wash and I could not understand what it did even after I used up the whole bottle.

• 5 mths, 3 wks ago

I’ve never heard of it, it sounds like a ‘gold mine’ if it is as good for other people as it is has been for your skin @Yvonne626 , I wonder why it has’nt become well known – do you need a prescription?.

• 5 mths, 3 wks ago

I think as a teen I tried something like this but now that I am older TBH I would not purchase this type of product and would tackle it using a combination of AHA/BHA/PHA acids. Kinda sceptical about a product that you only have on your face for a few minutes as opposed to something that penetrates the dermis for longer.

I am also extremely wary of products that work and then when you stop using it, you suddenly have the original issue resurface.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.