melmekoPlatinumMelmeko
Founding Member
Platinum
14 yrs, 10 mths ago

Nappy Rash

Please give me any Nappy Rash tips. My 5 month old has never had it and I thought we were lucky, but recently he got the runs and developed sore nappy rash on his little bottom.

32 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 13 yrs, 9 mths ago

I like the Amolin nappy cream as well. Some of the others have seemed to actually dry out the area more than heal it! For very bad nappy rash I used Paw Paw ointment (I`m having a mental blank as to who it`s by. It`s avial in pharmacy`s in a red tub) It always did the trick and helped ease their discomfort too. I`d give them lots of nappy free time and as the other girls suggested use only cotton balls and water to wipe. For easyness sake I kept one of those plastic squeezy sauce bottles (the kind you use on picinic`s) in the change table, so I wasn`t trying to fill a bowl or mess around getting the water each napy change. It was there ready to go and I could just squeeze the amount I needed onto the cotton ball and wipe away.

• melmekoPlatinumMelmeko
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    13 yrs, 10 mths ago

sudocreme is working well for my son now that he is older, my little one has not had nappy rash yet so I don`t use anything on her, but I agree that Bepanthen is really good, I even use it myself if I get chafe.

• Melissimel
    Bronze
    Melissimel
    Founding Member
    13 yrs, 10 mths ago

Cornflour is great for drying up rashes, also Bepanthen is great and soothing too

• Whiterabbit11PlatinumWhiterabbit11
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    13 yrs, 10 mths ago

when my bubs got a bad nappy rash when we flew from melbourne to london, my mum said to use zinc & castor oil cream from boots. she used that on me 30 years ago, and it worked perfectly again! we brought a big tub home, but haven`t found a similar quality brand here. there are ones that are ok, from the chemist, but many have alcohol in them. i`ve recently started using `natures child bottom balm`, and it smells fabulous and baby`s bottom has never looked better. but the main thing is lots of nappy changes, and nappy free time.

• 13 yrs, 10 mths ago

i learnt dont use wipes (cotton balls and slightly warm water) definatley no bath! If your able to use a baby wipe on them without bothering them then bathings fine but otherwise no! any nappy rash creams are good but it also helps toalternate between a zinc based to a vaseline type to zinc powder (like curash powder), and as much nappy free time as you possibly can, that combined with much more frequent nappy changes should result with a happier baby.

My 14mth had nappy rash before he went to bed, i put sudocreme on and then at the next change i only used powder,

• Allyr81PlatinumAllyr81
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    13 yrs, 11 mths ago

lol I am a tight ass I use corn flour and it worked a treat compared to rash creams from the shop

• elainebr18PlatinumElainebr18
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    13 yrs, 11 mths ago

sudocreme is the only thing that will work for my son, I tried everything but most things just aggrevated it. This works quickly to thank god, I`ve also started using it on his cheeks to try and help his rash on his cheeks and it has started making a wee bit of difference

• melmekoPlatinumMelmeko
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    13 yrs, 11 mths ago

Recently my son developed a really bad rash probably due to teething at his age (16months) poor fella it was so bad it was even bleeding in spots. The chemist did reccomend the Daktozin but I only had Canestan cream at home at the time and they said this was fine to use. I applied it twice a day and used a zinc based nappy rash cream during the day. It has healed up really well. The Daktozin is really good though because as well as being anti-fungal it is also zinc based.

• springwater
    Bronze
    Springwater
    Founding Member
    13 yrs, 11 mths ago

I`ve used alot of brands from pharmacy. But now I stick to Peter Rabbits brand, nice and soft ointment, it`ll fix the small rash in a couple days.Great stuff, a must have!!!

• Ashika
    Bronze
    Ashika
    Founding Member
    14 yrs ago

My new born developed this bad rashes on the 3rd week. I used Canestan 3 times a day followed by Curash Nappy Rash cream. I am still using Curash and it works.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.