16 yrs, 6 mths ago

Nappy Rash

Please give me any Nappy Rash tips. My 5 month old has never had it and I thought we were lucky, but recently he got the runs and developed sore nappy rash on his little bottom.

32 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 15 yrs, 5 mths ago

I like the Amolin nappy cream as well. Some of the others have seemed to actually dry out the area more than heal it! For very bad nappy rash I used Paw Paw ointment (I`m having a mental blank as to who it`s by. It`s avial in pharmacy`s in a red tub) It always did the trick and helped ease their discomfort too. I`d give them lots of nappy free time and as the other girls suggested use only cotton balls and water to wipe. For easyness sake I kept one of those plastic squeezy sauce bottles (the kind you use on picinic`s) in the change table, so I wasn`t trying to fill a bowl or mess around getting the water each napy change. It was there ready to go and I could just squeeze the amount I needed onto the cotton ball and wipe away.

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

sudocreme is working well for my son now that he is older, my little one has not had nappy rash yet so I don`t use anything on her, but I agree that Bepanthen is really good, I even use it myself if I get chafe.

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

Cornflour is great for drying up rashes, also Bepanthen is great and soothing too

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

when my bubs got a bad nappy rash when we flew from melbourne to london, my mum said to use zinc & castor oil cream from boots. she used that on me 30 years ago, and it worked perfectly again! we brought a big tub home, but haven`t found a similar quality brand here. there are ones that are ok, from the chemist, but many have alcohol in them. i`ve recently started using `natures child bottom balm`, and it smells fabulous and baby`s bottom has never looked better. but the main thing is lots of nappy changes, and nappy free time.

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

i learnt dont use wipes (cotton balls and slightly warm water) definatley no bath! If your able to use a baby wipe on them without bothering them then bathings fine but otherwise no! any nappy rash creams are good but it also helps toalternate between a zinc based to a vaseline type to zinc powder (like curash powder), and as much nappy free time as you possibly can, that combined with much more frequent nappy changes should result with a happier baby.

My 14mth had nappy rash before he went to bed, i put sudocreme on and then at the next change i only used powder,

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

lol I am a tight ass I use corn flour and it worked a treat compared to rash creams from the shop

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

sudocreme is the only thing that will work for my son, I tried everything but most things just aggrevated it. This works quickly to thank god, I`ve also started using it on his cheeks to try and help his rash on his cheeks and it has started making a wee bit of difference

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

Recently my son developed a really bad rash probably due to teething at his age (16months) poor fella it was so bad it was even bleeding in spots. The chemist did reccomend the Daktozin but I only had Canestan cream at home at the time and they said this was fine to use. I applied it twice a day and used a zinc based nappy rash cream during the day. It has healed up really well. The Daktozin is really good though because as well as being anti-fungal it is also zinc based.

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

I`ve used alot of brands from pharmacy. But now I stick to Peter Rabbits brand, nice and soft ointment, it`ll fix the small rash in a couple days.Great stuff, a must have!!!

• 15 yrs, 8 mths ago

My new born developed this bad rashes on the 3rd week. I used Canestan 3 times a day followed by Curash Nappy Rash cream. I am still using Curash and it works.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.