16 yrs, 1 mth ago

Lazy Dayz in South Australia?

Ok I got my idea from Vanessa talking about holidays, but does anybody know of any great places in SA to holiday? We have never been but would like to at Christmas time. I am interested in the Fleurieu Peninsula and towns like Goolwa and Aldinga. Has anybody been to any of these places? Any info would be great.
Kid friendly, pet friendly and near the beach would be ideal!

4 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

I went to Adelaide 2 weeks ago and although we didn`t have much time, we went to McLaren Vale and visited a few wineries, and there`s an Olive Grove too that was lovely. I love the wine regions, and want to see The Barossa next time we go there.

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

it was a really sleepy place when we used to go there. it still sounds really beautiful though and i`m glad they still let cars on the beach, it was really fun and different.

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

Princess75 I live 10 mins from Wallaroo or WallyWorld as we call it, you can still drive on beach but around newyears eve last yr you couldnt drive on beach but other times you can. Its becoming a great holiday destination and now wallaroo having the ferry to go over Port Lincoln way helps when tourists want to travel but also having a break from driving.

And yes alot has changed they have built a huge tower with penthouses overlooking the marina (not sure how many floors high it is)and has a beautiful restaurant overlooking marina too, they starting to also build another tower. You probably wouldnt recognise the place now because the marina wouldnt have been there since you were last up in the copper coast(council changed name) heaps of houses (and two-story houses)where there used to be vacant land because people wanting to be on the waterfront

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

we used to go to the Copper Triangle, specifically Wallaroo. it was really beautiful and the beach was totally amazing, at low tide we could drive cars down there and they`d set up a big screen for movies, it was awesome. that however was back in the day of the painted `sandman` wagons. hahaha. oh god, my age. sigh! i am sure it has changed a lot but i think it would still have to be pretty nice.
    oh if you get a chance to go up around the hills, that`s great too, the wineries and the big toy factory ( i am sure it is still there) great for the babies. lol 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.