16 yrs, 4 mths ago

I feel cheated am I wrong to feel this way

Hi,
I had originally posted on the forum about having dry hair and what I could do to fix it. Anyways, quite a few people recommended to get a little bit cut off …as it would help. Well, I was shopping on Pitt Street and a promo guy came up to me and asked if I would be interested in purchasing a promo that they had going on with their salon (well known salon). In the promo booklet the first initial cost at the salon would be 60.00 ( cut, color and blowdry). Then the second visit to the salon would be $120. Anyways I ended up buying this booklet thinking this would be a fantastic way to get my hair done. So I go into the salon and tell the guy behind the desk that I wanted to book with this one particular stylist (I chose this stylist because one of his clients was coming out and I loved her hair) I made my appt for my chosen stylist and this past weekend went in for my hair. The manager of the salon greeted me and seated me, then came back with a girl and told her what color I had wanted to put in my hair. I thought okay the original stylist probably didn’t do color and would see me after my color. Anyways the girl put the highlights in my hair, then I had another guy come up and put the base color through my hair, then I was taken to the sink where a different girl put toner in my hair. After that i was taken back to my seat and the manager came to look at the color she said that the girl missed a section and that she would do it herself. Anyways she fixed the color, washed it again and took me back to my seat. Then she started to cut my hair (at this time I should have asked why the stylist I had booked an appt with was not cutting my hair) but I thought these guys are well known and I must be in good hands. When she was finished she had someone else blow dry my hair. In the salon my hair looked fantastic but when I came home I noticed my hair was not the color I asked for and she cut more that what I had told her. Oh by the way I forgot to mention when they initially sat me down she said that I would have to pay extra because they were using different colors in my hair. The total would be 150 instead of 60. I agreed to pay more because she made it sound as if it was going to take alot of work to get the correct color. I feel as though they got me to buy the promo, initially made it look like they had booked me with the stylist I had requested, and when i went in for my appt they switched it so other people worked on me. I feel like a switch and bait tactic was used on me. Am I wrong to feel like this way?Again, I know I should have asked why the stylist I had asked for didn’t even see me and why I was being passed from person to person.

16 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs ago

thats so stupid you had to pay more for the colour and cut that wasnt even what you initially wanted.

• 16 yrs ago

I`m glad you named them. They deserve to be shamed. What a scam!

I actually suspected it was going to be Toni and Guy.

• 16 yrs ago

it does sound dodgy, why do they need to hunt for customers? maybe they already have a bad reputation and a quote like any quote is the price you should pay, if its going to cost more they should tell you upfront and give you the desicion whether to proceed or not. But it doesnt sound right treating people like that- there are alot of good hairdressers out there so dont give up- put that down as a learning curve. Let us know what their reply is to your email.

• 16 yrs ago

this is y i hate getting my hair done because i never know what to expect from the stupid hairdressers. its so scary for me to go into a salon nd get my hair done

• 16 yrs ago

those promo guys tried to get me to!
    this is so terrible
    im glad you emailed them! they definitely wont want bad news getting out about them.
    thanks for the warning!
    x

• 16 yrs, 4 mths ago

if they`re trying to get new clients in the door this is not the right way of doing it. a customer will come once and then never come back again. I`d definately ask for a refund as you were mislead with this promo. if there are terms and conditions with this offer then this should be clearly written somewhere on the offer. when i go to the hairdressers i always know what I`m in for in terms of cost before getting anything done and if I get additional treatments or cuts I make sure I ask what the total will be before committing to it. let us know how you go. good luck 🙂

• 16 yrs, 4 mths ago

Definitely contact the Dept of Fair Trading. These sort of deals always sound dodgy to me. And I bet that this is not an isolated incident – I`m sure this is how they treat all of their clients that purchased the booklets.

It`s really weird how when you`ve had your hair done and you`re really not happy with it, or how long it took, or how you got handed from one staff member to another, or got charged sooooo much more than quoted, that you can`t speak up in the salon, but go home and stew about it. I`ve done it, and I`m sure plenty of others have done it too. Most guys would speak up and demand a refund (and get it!), but girls, we just can`t bring ourselves to make a fuss and if we did we`d get all sorts of blah blah blah, get treated even worse and still not get our refund…

• 16 yrs, 4 mths ago

If you don`t have any luck with the manager, get in contact with the Department of Fair Trading and lodge a complaint. If you purchased a process for $60 and there were to be extra charges, these should have been explained to you before they commenced.
    I must stress that if ever you are charged more than quoted, refuse to pay any more than the original amount. Ask for quotes before a stylist does anything to your hair and explain that you will not pay over that quote.
    Let us know how you go!

• 16 yrs, 4 mths ago

You go gurl!!!! Salons like that give us hairdressers a bad name. Clients then think that all hairdressers are out to rip you off. We aren`t all like that. I agree with Glitter Girl……salons that have to `find` customers are dodgy. Ive always found word of mouth or advertising to be enough. I wouldnt dream of chasing random people down. The fact that you weren`t given an explaination as to why the original stylist was unavailable to do your hair is just plain rude! I would be complaining………BIG time.

• 16 yrs, 4 mths ago

Hi all, thanks so much for you support on this. I felt guilty because I didn`t speak up in the salon but I have sent a very long email to the owner of Christopher Hanna Salon…I`ll let you know what their response is. Thanks so much.
    PS…it`s the Christopher Hanna Salon on Pitt Street; you`ll see the promo guys out there all the time.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.