16 yrs, 6 mths ago

How to make eyes seem bigger.

Hey guys, I need a bit of help with eyeshadow application. I’m currently in high school, and I’m taking a media class… which requires us to make a short film.

Everytime we film, our main actress’ eyes show up ‘squinty.’ I think that the cause of this is that she has fairly small eyes in proportion to the rest of her face, and that the inner corners of her eyes sort of point in a downward direction. I hope that this is enough of a description, if not, please let me know.

I was hoping to get some advice on what tips and tricks would really open up her eyes. thanks in advance for any help anyone has to offer.

30 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

if you want eyes to look bigger only use eye liner on the top lid if you want to make them smaller line both also put a dot of white eyeshadow on the inner part of the eye (closest to your nose)
    good luck with your movie

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

alicejane i use a similar techniqure to you! apart from the fact white eyeliner works really well for me i sometimes appply a little white or silver shimmery eyeshadow right in the corner of your eyes and thijnly spreading on lid and under bottom lashes.

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

I`ve been using the white eyeliner trick and curling my lashes for quite a few years, and my eyes still look too “”closed”” in photos.

A few months ago, I bought a makeup book that had a different idea, which I`ve been using (as well) ever since.

To make the eye look more open, put a small spot of a light shade of eye shadow on the middle of the eyelid then colour around it with the usual darker shade and blend so that you get a subtle pale half circle shape above the middle of the eyelashes.

The result isn`t really all that dramatic but I can see the difference.

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

If you don`t have an eyeliner use white eyeshadow around the inside corner of the eye and lightly dust to the beginning of your brow and your eyes will pop!

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

Yeah good tip

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Cant believe i didnt know about white eyeliner. I learn so much from this site haha.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

i think everybody has covered all the tips there are.
    but the white eye linner is a good one.
    ps i love your avatar selina

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

an eyelash curler on the top lashes could work wonders. apply a coat of mascara on both lashes. line the outer edge with a light color (not black black as light colors can freshen up eyes)
    then apply a second coat of mascara on the outer corner of lashes.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

i dont have small eyes but id love to have BIG eyes that just POP i might try sum of these things. can u use the white with yellowish brown eyes?

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Apply mascara to top lashes after curling them also white around your eyes is very helpful

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.