16 yrs, 1 mth ago

how do I get my cork screw ringlets back??

Right up until last year my hair consisted of really really tight ringlets. Think of Shirley temple but her ringlets were just curls compared to mine, you could actually look down mine, like a tunnel, or a cork screw. Anyway the year before last I (stupidly) got my then boyf to trim the ends of my hair coz they were dry as any thing (that was my biggest prob, oily scalp but parched ends all the time) and it screwed my hair up completely, only parts end up curling and it looks really dodgy. I’ve tried a lot of products and had my hair layered (which was how my hair went from curly to ringlets when I was young) and cut short a number of times (to stop the weight from dragging any of the curl out), but it’s not really working. Advice for frizzy, curly and wavy hair has never worked on my hair, ringlets are a breed of their own. HELP… my mum used to say I’d wreck them and give anything to get my ringlets back. I will try anything please help me……..

5 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

It happened to me also i had wavy hear as a child and a teen, i loved i could wear my hair however i liked and as i grew older the wavyness just diappeared now my hair is dead straight and i hate it. You know what they say though if you have curly you want straight and vice verser. Anyway what i do to give my hair a bit of a boost from the straightness is layer my hair every few months and at night when wet i will scrunch it and put in a serum try pps watever or a beach look serum.

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

hi steph! The few I`ve spoken to have been lost for advice, esp when they see photo`s of what my hair used to look like. I was born with curls at the ends of my hair, then in primary school mum got it chopped off in a page boy style hair cut and it was always in cork screw ringlets until it went straight. Hmmm back to the drawing board I guess, so don`t want a page boy hair cut again, I wil look like a bloke and might not even get them back 🙁 “”sigh””

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

wow that is really amazing because i was born with thick curly hair, then i got my first haircut and it went dead straight. up until i was about 14 then i straightned it and it went curly again. especially in the rain it goes curly. i wish you could choose what cycle its in 🙂

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

I heard that hair grows in 7 year cycles, so sometimes you hair can naturally change. I had really curly hair when I was a baby, then it was wavy in primary school, straight in high school (curled in the rain) in my early 20`s it was pretty much straight again, and now at 27 I have these curls I never new existed! So maybe you hair is going through a different phase? Maybe a hairdresser could shed some light on the subject?

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

i dont know maybe get a perm 😉 hi goldilox

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.