16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Hair Dye and Pregnancy

Hi Everyone

I’m after some advice. A couple of weeks ago i found out i’m pregnant, i’m almost 9 weeks but before i found out it had been ages since i had maintained my hair!! at the moment it is a lightish auburn colour which i would like to keep – or preferably go lighter! Are most/any hair dye’s safe for use during pregnancy? what about bleaching or lightening products? I’m dying to go (dark) blonde – or close to it. Its been 6 years since i was pregnant last at which time my hair was black so i cant really remember the rules! Any help would be appreciated!

39 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

honestly, i don`t think it matters. if a pregnancy is viable then it is viable. the miniscule amount of amonia absorbed into the blood stream is not going to make a bee line for the foetus and make it a non`viable pregnancy. i think women are scared to live normally due to scare-mongering by people who decide their opinion is right and that`s that. (i am not saying this about any of the views here) just general media etc. don`t even get me started on aromatherapy & pregnancy.
    vanessa39, you are spot on, if your body `tells` you it doesn`t want it then you don`t do it. it`s like food etc, when i was pregnant if i even thought about a tiny sip of wine my stomach would churn and i wouldn`t have it. now i`ve had bub it`s a different story. hahaha lol:)

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

honestly, i don`t think it matters. if a pregnancy is viable then it is viable. the miniscule amount of amonia absorbed into the blood stream is not going to make a bee line for the foetus and make it a non`viable pregnancy. i think women are scared to live normally due to scare-mongering by people who decide their opinion is right and that`s that. (i am not saying this about any of the views here) just general media etc. don`t even get me started on aromatherapy & pregnancy.
    vanessa39, you are spot on, if your body `tells` you it doesn`t want it then you don`t do it. it`s like food etc, when i was pregnant if i even thought about a tiny sip of wine my stomach would churn and i wouldn`t have it. now i`ve had bub it`s a different story. hahaha lol:)

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

The asian dyes dont have any amonia in them, and I always have an excellent result when using them, and cheap too.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

The asian dyes dont have any amonia in them, and I always have an excellent result when using them, and cheap too.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Some women don`t even realise that their pregnant in the first trimester,
    Thats what the placenta`s there for – to filter out the nasties, the baby doesn`t even breathe until its born.
    I think using a low ammonia hair dye would not hurt as long as your in a well ventilated area – its not as if your breathing the fumes 24/7.
    And its not left to long on the head.
    I`ve always used hair dyes – you just have to be careful and use your common sense, just don`t use them as often as when your not pregnant.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Thats what the placenta`s there for – to filter out the nasties, the baby doesn`t even breathe until its born.
    I think using a low ammonia hair dye would not hurt as long as your in a well ventilated area – its not as if your breathing the fumes 24/7.
    I`ve always used hair dyes – you just have to be careful and use your common sense, just don`t use them as often as when your not pregnant.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Oh, I didn`t know about this. I`m planning on trying to get pregnant soon, don`t know how I`ll manage to go 13 weeks without getting my hair done, I`ll look feral.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.