16 yrs, 5 mths ago

Foundation for oily skin

I have used a few foundations over the years that say they are for oily skin. I always use a powder over the top of my foundation but by the middle of the day im starting to get that real ‘shine’, particularly in mt T zone. Applying powder again doesn’t cover the problem for long. Any foundations out there that don’t go greasy/shiny by lunchtime?

11 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 12 yrs, 1 mth ago

i love maybelline`s matte mousse foundation, such a dream to apply <3

• 12 yrs, 1 mth ago

I purchased Lo`real foundation from Walmart. Its really nice and good shades are available. You can also get it at makeupstore.

• 12 yrs, 1 mth ago

loving mac pro long wear atm.
    it isn`t too matte but by the end of the day i can blot to keep it matte or leave it for a demi-matte finish
    😉

• 12 yrs, 1 mth ago

Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Normal/Oily skin is great! x

• 12 yrs, 2 mths ago

Mineral foundations are probably your best bet as they also allow the skin to breathe (Inika and Bare Escentuals are good).

Maybe also look into using a primer?

• Bronze
    12 yrs, 2 mths ago

Although I`m not extremely oily, during the summer when the oil count increases, I like using Make Up For Ever HD foundation with their HD translucent setting powder on the t-zone and MAC`s mineral powder on the rest of the face. Actually, MUFE`s HD powder on top of any matte or semi-matte foundation is excellent; however, you will need to reapply the powder about 3-6 hours later, depending on your oil quota.

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

The best thing for oily skin/t-zone is blotting paper and just a quick touch-up… no escaping it really…

Although not my regular foundation, the best one I have ever found that really does what it says it will is Estee Lauder Equalizer – this is a great foundation for summer. The first summer I used this foundation I actually had the best skin I`d had in a long time – no break-outs at all! It`s not cheap, so see if you can get a sample from a counter. As I wrote in another thread, keep some of those little travel pots that you can get from Priceline in your bag because the girls at the counters are always happy to give you a sample in one of those because they generally don`t stock foundation samples unless there is a promo of a newly launched foundation. Prescriptives Virtual Matte foundation is another great find – again my skin really cleared up when I used this one… Prescriptives is available at Mecca…

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

I get shiny too and I`ve found the Bare Escentual mineral foundation really good. I still get some minimal shine though and I use blotting paper and give a light brushing more of the foundation. It`s the best combo I have used in a long time.

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

I have tried the matte mousse foundation and it does go shiny. I only ever use matte foundations. I haven`t tried the blotting paper though so I might give that a shot.

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

I have exactly the same problem. I have tried just about any foundation and powder combo you could think of. I now use Revlon for oily skin (it is really thick though) and a clinic shimmer powder over the top. I still get a bit oily so I have starting using the blotting paper and they seem to do the trick. I have given up of a wonder foundation. Apply foundation, powder, half way through the day blot and then more powder, thats my only suggestion.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.