15 yrs, 6 mths ago

Dry Shampoos

Hi, I have oily and fine hair, that I practicaly have to wash, blowdry and use heated rollers every night, but my hair is oily, so it never lasts.

Has anyone tried dry shampoos and if so, are they good and which ones do you like? These are the ones you apply to hair when you dont have time to wash.
Thankyou

396 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 10 yrs, 7 mths ago

Does anyone know if the Batiste coloured dry shampoo is being discontinued or something? Priceline don`t stock it at all and I tried my local Woolworths and there was only like 2 bottles left on the shelf!

• 10 yrs, 7 mths ago

LoveJane, did you find with the duds of `Girlz Only` dry shampoos that some didn`t have the drying effect?

I recently bought three more to add to the `when I finish my current one` pile because I`ve been using them for ages. With these three they all just spray on wet? No powder to soak up oil? It is bizarre and quite annoying because I thought I was free for time but then spray it in and have to shower and wash my hair to get all the useless wet out. Such a pain!

I found they worked fine, exactly the same as other`s I have but when I would go to use it again.. nothing was left. The spray nozzle must have been faulty so it leaked causing air to get inside and evaporate all the product.

That sounds like a dud product not packaging! That`s horrible, even though they`re only $2 to find the product unusable like yours isn`t good at all. You could maybe take it in store and show that their faulty? Girlz Only is definitely a huge hit or a big miss.

• 10 yrs, 7 mths ago

Ok, so this is KIND of relevant, but not.

Did you know you can buy Dry Shampoo for your fur babies? A woman at the dog park we take Kamachi to said she bought one that makes her dog smell like Blueberry Muffins! How cool is that?!

ahhhh that is awesome. I kind of want to try it on my cat now.
    I`m going to do so research and find out a bit more, dont want to be putting anything harmful on my kitty cat.

Well yeah! I was concerned it wouldn`t be good after when they were grooming themselves but apparently it`s legit!

• 10 yrs, 7 mths ago

Did you know you can buy Dry Shampoo for your fur babies? A woman at the dog park we take Kamachi to said she bought one that makes her dog smell like Blueberry Muffins! How cool is that?!

ahhhh that is awesome. I kind of want to try it on my cat now.
    I`m going to do so research and find out a bit more, dont want to be putting anything harmful on my kitty cat.

• 10 yrs, 7 mths ago

• 10 yrs, 7 mths ago

Ive used the Batiste dry shampoo for years and love it, they all smell yummy too! Theres a newish one in Target for $2, not sure of the name but my daughter uses it and loves it!

$2 wow! Thanks for sharing I think I might have to give this one a whirl and see how it compared to my favourite dry shampoo by klorane

• 10 yrs, 7 mths ago

The $2 one from Target is from their brand `Girlz Only` and it comes in 3 scents and they also sell dry conditoner which is interesting.

I looove the dry shampoo and I personally find it better than Batiste BUT because I buy them in bulk I have noticed that I seem to get a random dud that after only one use it runs out completely! The spray nozzle obviously isn`t made very well.

For the product and price though I don`t seem to mind. But I know for sure when I`m going on a holiday I will buy a more expensive brand that is reliable, because I ended up taking a dud one with me away one time and no exaggeration I felt like my life was not the same without dry shampoo 😛

LoveJane, did you find with the duds of `Girlz Only` dry shampoos that some didn`t have the drying effect?

I recently bought three more to add to the `when I finish my current one` pile because I`ve been using them for ages. With these three they all just spray on wet? No powder to soak up oil? It is bizarre and quite annoying because I thought I was free for time but then spray it in and have to shower and wash my hair to get all the useless wet out. Such a pain!

• 10 yrs, 7 mths ago

The $2 one from Target is from their brand `Girlz Only` and it comes in 3 scents and they also sell dry conditoner which is interesting.

I looove the dry shampoo and I personally find it better than Batiste BUT because I buy them in bulk I have noticed that I seem to get a random dud that after only one use it runs out completely! The spray nozzle obviously isn`t made very well.

For the product and price though I don`t seem to mind. But I know for sure when I`m going on a holiday I will buy a more expensive brand that is reliable, because I ended up taking a dud one with me away one time and no exaggeration I felt like my life was not the same without dry shampoo 😛

• 10 yrs, 7 mths ago

Ive used the Batiste dry shampoo for years and love it, they all smell yummy too! Theres a newish one in Target for $2, not sure of the name but my daughter uses it and loves it!

• 10 yrs, 7 mths ago

BUMP!!

I`ve only used my new Klorane dry shampoo twice and it doesnt work anymore! When I shake it there`s usually that clanging sound like there`s a rock inside it but it doesnt make that sound anymore! Is it clogged? I tried running it under hot water but it isnt working 🙁 Any help will be appreciated immensley!

This will sound crazy, Youarebeautiful – have you turned it UPSIDE DOWN and then pressed the button with it still upside down? I`d return it if you can`t get it to work, twice is no where near good enough. Good luck.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.