16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Drowning in oil!!!

Summer is here and my oil glands have gone into over drive – and I am fed up!!!
I have tried EVERYTHING and still the oil drips from my face. A rep in David Jones told me how lucky I am because oily skin gets less wrinkles. But hey I don’t feel lucky.
I use face packs, masks, blotting papers, etc and still the oil continues to flow.
Any suggestions?

16 comments 32 voices

Replies

• Bronze
    15 yrs, 11 mths ago

Pure Tea Tree Oil seems to work great at first, but will be much too harsh on your skin & make it more oily. I found for me the best thing was going onto the Pill and using a cleanser at least once a day. It REALLY helps with my skin. It`s still oily now and again, but not like it used to be. I heard the same thing too – that my skin will not be as wrinkly. Something to look forward to I suppose! 🙂

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Mmm… dont know what`s best.. I haven`t actually tried tea tree oil. A friend once suggested I should try it. I think there are tea tree oil based soaps as well. If I learn anything new, will post it here! 😉

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

wots the best tea tree oil cleanser

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Try Tea Tree oil

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

you could try cleansing, toning moistering daily mask once a week and applying facial powder instead of foundation it`s more absorbant and wont look shiny like some foundations or just wear it over the foundation

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

you could try cleansing, toning moistering daily mask once a week and applying facial powder instead of foundation it`s more absorbant and wont look shiny like some foundations or just wear it over the foundation

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

moisturizers with witchhazel and geranium essential oil should help. witchhazel is a mild astringent and geranium is great for balancing oil production. it takes a while for the skin to adjust but usually people notice a difference after a few weeks. Jurlique do a really good range of products for oily skin that don`t over stimulate it, it may be worth checking it out.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Throughout the day freshened up your oily skin with T.N Tickinson`s Witch Hazel Astingent, it clears skin as well as reducing oil.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

I find moisturisers with SPF`s in, add more shininess too.
    But I have to weigh up the benefits.
    To be burnt and have skin damage OR
    put up with the shininess and have protection (from the aging sun).
    I know which I`d prefer.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.