15 yrs, 7 mths ago

Cancer Of The Cervix

My best advice to all ladies is to have regular pap smears. 2 years ago my body started changing. I couldn’t stay awake, loss of appetite, heavy irregular bleeding, no energy and a bloating feeling.
I had an hysterectomy, which they had found a very rare cancer ( Mesonephric Adrenocarcinoma of the cervix ) That was back in 2006 and i’m very lucky to be alive today. I underwent 25 sessions of radiotheraphy. I now have to have regular pap smears every 3 months for the next 5 years. Please ladies don’t put off having this done. I was silly to let mine go for 3 years.

325 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 14 yrs, 12 mths ago

Yeah Whaee it is – I just wish they`d bring one out that only lasted such a short time. I wish they`d invent one that lasted for a decade or more – like the other big immunisations! I expect that in the future they probably will have a longer lasting one.

• 14 yrs, 12 mths ago

Yeah Whaee it is – I just wish they`d bring one out that only lasted such a short time. I wish they`d invent one that lasted for a decade or more – like the other big immunisations! I expect that in the future they probably will have a longer lasting one.

• 14 yrs, 12 mths ago

• 14 yrs, 12 mths ago

• 14 yrs, 12 mths ago

• 15 yrs ago

The flu vaccine is awesome I reckon – most of my friends do it every year but unfortunately I can`t get the flu shots because they contain penicillin (which I am deadly allergic to). Time to stock up on Codral and cold/flu medicines I think lol 😀

• 15 yrs ago

The flu vaccine is awesome I reckon – most of my friends do it every year but unfortunately I can`t get the flu shots because they contain penicillin (which I am deadly allergic to). Time to stock up on Codral and cold/flu medicines I think lol 😀

• 15 yrs ago

• 15 yrs ago

• 15 yrs ago

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.