12 yrs, 10 mths ago

Beware official sounding spammers

Hi beauties,
I’ve just been alerted to the fact that some spammers are signing up to websites using official titles such as Customer Service and Website Manager etc and then posting spamy links and asking unsuspecting members to click on them.

Only the bh staff members that you are already familiar with would ever post links and ask you to click on them and even this would be a rarity so please be careful and if you see anything that appears strange, let us know.
Thanks x

49 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 12 yrs, 1 mth ago

This is what I had in my inbox this morning:

Dear Sir,
    There is absolutely going to be a great doubt and distrust in your heart in respect of this email, coupled with the fact that, so many miscreants and impostors (scammers) have taken possession of the internet to facilitate their nefarious deeds, thereby making it extremely difficult for genuine and legitimate business class persons to get attention and recognition.

sent from @gmail.com and calling me a “sir” – I’m sure it’s genuine…Idiots!

ooohhhhh…and did they need your help getting millions of dollars out of a war torn country from their dead fathers bank account and into yours so that they could then help a charity for children with no legs and they have been lead to you by God?????

and an orphanage and If I could provide all my details and then half of the money would go to me and the other half would go to a good cause 😀

Oh how wonderful….well when you get your half of the money then perhaps you could invest it in my pasta plantation….pasta is so popular and so im going to start growing my own and then selling it to the Italians as i heard that there is a major shortage in Italy due to the pasta plant eating moth. My Spaghetti trees are growing really well but they havent fruited yet…not sure why.

HAHAHAHA, I LOVE that there is a love button on BH forums 😀

• 12 yrs, 1 mth ago

Dear Sir,
    There is absolutely going to be a great doubt and distrust in your heart in respect of this email, coupled with the fact that, so many miscreants and impostors (scammers) have taken possession of the internet to facilitate their nefarious deeds, thereby making it extremely difficult for genuine and legitimate business class persons to get attention and recognition.

ooohhhhh…and did they need your help getting millions of dollars out of a war torn country from their dead fathers bank account and into yours so that they could then help a charity for children with no legs and they have been lead to you by God?????

and an orphanage and If I could provide all my details and then half of the money would go to me and the other half would go to a good cause 😀

Oh how wonderful….well when you get your half of the money then perhaps you could invest it in my pasta plantation….pasta is so popular and so im going to start growing my own and then selling it to the Italians as i heard that there is a major shortage in Italy due to the pasta plant eating moth. My Spaghetti trees are growing really well but they havent fruited yet…not sure why.

• 12 yrs, 1 mth ago

Dear Sir,

• 12 yrs, 1 mth ago

At least he pulled out his dictionary to use some formal language. My faves are when they clearly don’t know what they are saying in a new language. It makes me giggle.

Dear Sir,

• 12 yrs, 1 mth ago

Dear Sir,

• 12 yrs, 1 mth ago

Dear Sir,

• 12 yrs, 1 mth ago

Hi everyone – its beautyheaven’s Jackie. I agree that the Julie84 threads look a bit suspicious. I’ll delete them and wait to hear from her. Have a good night everyone!

Thanks heaps Jackie – it’s great to know your ever-watchful eye is on our precious Forum ♥

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Jackie

. Love your comments, Kats, Animal Lover and Beautystar. As if BH Staff don’t have enough to do without worrying about spammers – BUT – it is just so good to know you’re looking out for us, as Kats says.

Is there a nicer way to spend a while than on Beauty Heaven? I don’t think so. Love to all.

• 12 yrs, 1 mth ago

I am pretty much suss of anyone with less than 10 posts that doesnt have an avitar – I just assume they are all spammers and ignore them.

So newbies – try and get an avatar ASAP so i can trust that you are not a spammer…or just keep posting and i will eventually work it out!

• 12 yrs, 1 mth ago

Some people seriously need to get a life or a job, maybe then they could grow out of being such a loser, grow a brain and such a waste of time.

• 12 yrs, 1 mth ago

Hi everyone – its beautyheaven’s Jackie. I agree that the Julie84 threads look a bit suspicious. I’ll delete them and wait to hear from her. Have a good night everyone!

Thanks heaps Jackie – it’s great to know your ever-watchful eye is on our precious Forum ♥

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.