16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Best makeup base you have ever tried?

OK, I need serious help. I have spent literally thousands of dollars on makeup bases. Different brands. I have combination skin and many of them make me feel too oily. I like a good coverage and I am quite pale. Anyone tried any brand worth my hard earned dollars.

Kate
http://fearlessandfabulous.blogspot.com

27 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

Use a primer/shine eliminater before foundation. I like the Benefit Dr. Feelgood balm. Also Mineral makeup works wonders for oily skin, as I have the same problem.!

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

Use a primer/shine eliminater before foundation. I like the Benefit Dr. Feelgood balm. Also Mineral makeup works wonders for oily skin, as I have the same problem.!

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

Thanks I tried tht Chanel serum Princess and I really love it!!!!

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

if you get quite oily you could possibly try the Chanel T-Mat serum. apply it over your moisturizer before your foundation, i use this and it really helps although you will still probably need to blot at least 1 to 2 times during the day.
    Estee Lauder do a good matt foundation but i think they look a bit chalky myself. as a last resort, you can use 2 different ones but this takes practice to get the look right. one in the t zone and the other for the rest of your face. you could also try LaMer as theirs are very skin care based. hope this helps. lol 🙂

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

if you get quite oily you could possibly try the Chanel T-Mat serum. apply it over your moisturizer before your foundation, i use this and it really helps although you will still probably need to blot at least 1 to 2 times during the day.
    Estee Lauder do a good matt foundation but i think they look a bit chalky myself. as a last resort, you can use 2 different ones but this takes practice to get the look right. one in the t zone and the other for the rest of your face. you could also try LaMer as theirs are very skin care based. hope this helps. lol 🙂

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

Lancome make a beautiful matte foundation (I never use powder when I wear this one) that I wear when my skin is having an oilier day. It lasts for ages and ages and gets rid of the oiliness straight away. I also wear it sometimes if I find my moisturiser is a bit oily. Its called “”Maquimat Ultra Naturel”” and the colour that I use is Beige Diaphane. It is made in France and that is why the words are a bit weird! I would expect you can test this out and maybe get a sample of it at the Lancome Counter. I have used it for years on my oilier days. It`s great!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.