16 yrs, 5 mths ago

Ballyage – Anybody tried it?

I really want to get this done, I love being lighter in the summer but detest the regrowth. Ballyage sounds like you get a natural look with minimal regrowth – perfect!
Has anybody tried it? what did you think? Can you recommend anywhere in the outer Eastern suburbs/mornington peninsula area? ( I doubt my hairdresser is up to date on the latest and greatest!)

7 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

I read about this while reading a mag waiting for the dentist! It sounded so enticing I consulted a few places but from what I gathered the really good hairdressers can only do this successfully as it is like painting an artwork. Trust only the highly experienced!

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

Well I didn`t get my hair done (Bellyage) But I did go for something totally different to what I normally get daone!! I gt my hair cut shorter into a sort of pixie, wispy, choppy layed bob…and as for the colours I went for, an all over Voilet / Dark Brown with foils of Caramel and Blonde……It looks fantastic!!

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

Glitter Girl, what sort of length of hair do you have? this effects the cost, technique, etc.

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

Yes, the colour gets painted on, but then foil has to be placed under it to seperate the colour from running onto hair beneath it. So from this technique you can see how `foils` evolved… it`s not a lot different, but I think they do an effect where the colour appears to gradually lighten from the bottom up if that makes any sense at all… and I think for example multiple colours will be used in the 1 `foil` to create the gradual effect… it sounds so tedious, therefore it is going to be very expensive…

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

I think I`ve had that technique done many years ago. is that where they paint the colour on? I really liked the colour however found that it took a while for the colour to develop.

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

I have booked myself in to my Hairdresser to find out more about this….sounds nice, and easy to keep on top of too…will let you know if I get it done….

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

I`ll ask my hair guy, I generally run into him about once a week – he is pretty great with colour, he is the only person I trust to do foils on me. Any other hair-person has always stuffed it up, but he just does the best foils. He is at Southlands tho, so it would be a bit of a trek, but I`m sure you head down this way on occasion anyway? A few of my friends/associates go to him also and their hair is just fantastic… If my memory serves me correctly ballyage is actually an old technique that is fashionable again – its background I think is French, and it was designed to keep bleach and colour off the scalp to avoid damage to the hair follicles, it has since been modified and has basically become what we nowadays refer to as `foils`…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.