16 yrs, 2 mths ago

badly sunburnt on face

Help!! I got sunburnt earlier this week, and it’s only on one side of my face and nose. I’ve tried all sorts of products to make it look better, but now my skin is dark brown, flaky and in blotches on one side of my face.
Any suggestions for a fast and smooth recovery?

13 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

It`s an old wives tale! There is no such thing as drawing the heat from under the skin! People peel because they have burned and subsequently caused a `blister` which ends up as `peeling` skin. Maybe Beauty Heaven can be a mythbuster on this topic??? 🙂

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

Wow what a debate – I find the hot shower method works great with me? I got recommended doing it by a friend who said the hot water draws all the heat out of your skin – which is the main source of discomfort with sunburn – and then you slather on after sun gel/aloe vera (not regular moisturiser – I agree it just traps the heat and cooks your skin even further!) to soothe your skin and keep it moisturised – do this for a couple of days (depending on how bad the sunburn is) and you`ll be fine – it also stops you from peeling coz you peel from all the heat under your skin – once you`ve drawn that heat out, no problem! Def works for me anyway 🙂

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

Thanks Ill drink lots of water as well

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

you can never go past a leaf of fresh aloe. fresh aloe nd drink lots of water nd just keep cool

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Yeah aloe vera would be the best you can use thanks

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

aleo vera gel id great and keep the area moisterised and be more careful next time it only takes one burn to cause melonoma

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Try the ice packs as GG suggested but wet a face cloth or hand towel with cold water to wrap the pack in (use frozen vegies if you don`t have a pack). if you put the cold pack directly on your skin you can burn the skin again. you need to do this a few times a day, just once isn`t going to get all the heat out. If you don`t have aloe gel make some chamomile tea and cool it down then do cold compresses with that, it is very healing and soothing.

p.s. clinique do a great 30+ face sunscreen that is not oily or gunky.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

When any of us get sunburnt we just break of an aloe vera leaf, cut it in half and smear the goop over the burn. Just make sure any spiky bits don`t scrape your burnt skin. My family have rather fair skin and when we get burnt we get BURNT but I`ve found this reaaly good to stop the stinging , flaking and it seems to prevent blistering.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

well the hot shower works with me. but i`d definitely use some aloe vera gel on that sunburn.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

you want to cool and soothe the burn. I`d get a cool face washer and just leave it on your face for a while. Sunsense have this amazing after sun product called Aftersun Cooling Spray. It smells devine and has grape seed and vitamin c. It says to keep the product in the fridge for optimal cooling effect.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.