16 yrs, 3 mths ago

arm pits

this is an embarrassing question but does anyone have a problem with constantly itching armpit? my armpits are always itchy i scratch them often and the area has become red and looks like its cracked anyone know wat to do?
could it be my deodarant?

23 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 15 yrs, 10 mths ago

I too am now waxing Miaowren.It`s more light on your skin and lasts long too. Thanks for the idea.

• 15 yrs, 10 mths ago

I get this too after shaving and have found it`s generally from lack of enough lubrication when shaving (try find a sensitive, shaving OIL – mens ones are usualy more sensitive than womens I`ve found because they`re for the face) and also remember to use a fresh, sharp razor!

• 16 yrs ago

Hi bexie,
    I suffered the same at the age of 18 and was diagnosed with eczema. I now have to use an ointment to ease the itch, but it`s not a cure. It only helps to soothe the itch. Not trying to scare you, but it`s best if this is what you`ve got to treat it correctly rather than `guess` the treatment. Your GP should know if you have it or not.

• 16 yrs ago

I had the same problem a while ago. I stopped using deodorant for a few days (yes hard I know!) and applied pawpaw ointment. Great stuff. You can get it from any pharmacy, and it`s so useful for healing all sorts of skin issues. anyway, I suspect it was from shaving. Since then I haven`t shaved my armpits and have moved to waxing. I recently bought a hair remover thingy. Emjoi something. Have had no problems since. Goodluck!

• 16 yrs ago

mine get itching after shaving, try hard to ignore it cause otherwise it gets really red.

• 16 yrs ago

Further to my earlier comment, I`ve just been using the new Dove deodorant range, I think they are called “”Go Fresh.”” They smell really great, nice and light. I have very sensitive armpits and I find this one great. 🙂

• 16 yrs ago

yeah, might be due to deodorant, shaving, body wash, soap, the list goes on. try to not use anything or use an organic deodorant, try to keep sahving to a minimum. hope that helps, speaking of which, where do you get an organic deodorant?

• 16 yrs ago

might be like a mild form of eczema, you could try using pinetarsol in the bath, my boyf has eczema but the first place he got it was under the arms, then behind the knees. Pinetarsol helps stop the itching and helps clear up the skin. Doesn`t smell fantastic but it works.

• 16 yrs ago

This happens to me too – for me it`s a combination of shaving and the antiperspirant I use. I found that the Dove antiperspirant really worked to soften the skin and reduced irritation for me – it remoisturises the skin, is still antiperspirant, and smells great. However, fragrances may also be the cause of the irritation…

• 16 yrs ago

could be anything change one thing at a time use it for a week and see if there is a change

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.