16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Allergy to Perfume

My friend is allergic to most perfumes on her skin and initially found she had a very limited range of fragrances – mostly natural oils – however then she came up with the idea of spraying the perfume on her hair rather than on the skin. Now she was able to use any perfume she’d like and no problems with her skin.

12 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 15 yrs, 9 mths ago

oh wow. thats a great idea. i never thought of that. perhaps i should try it too.

• 15 yrs, 9 mths ago

Yeah i always spritz my hair with a light mist of my perfume and it has never done me any harm. My hair is in really good condition! Plus the perfume really stays in the hair, so when you flick your hair around you get a whiff of your lovely scent!

• 15 yrs, 10 mths ago

yeah well most perfumes have alcohol in them so maybe drying out your hair is all i can think of just spray a little on ends i remember i accidentally sprayed my hair with perfume once missing my neck smelt nice 🙂

• 15 yrs, 10 mths ago

As far as I know it doesn`t harm your hair? I doubt it`s much different to spraying your hair with hairspray. Not entirely sure, but I`ve been spraying perfume in my hair for years with no apparent negative effects!

• 15 yrs, 10 mths ago

I`ve thought of this before, but always chickened out in case it did something to my hair.
    Does anyone know if it can have any side affects? Greasiness? Make it more prone to breakage? Or is it all ok?
    Thanks
    xx

• 15 yrs, 10 mths ago

I actually have a problem with hair products, in that hairsprays often make my cheeks feel kind of hot and go all red, so I would think that if you are reacting to something when applied to your skin then putting it in your hair would inevitably contact your skin a bit – maybe it is less than when it is directly applied though.
    I have been worrying about pthalates in perfumes though, so am using a natural bergamot oil perfume now anyway.

• 15 yrs, 10 mths ago

Wow, that`s an excellent idea! I`m going to try that out tomorrow. I occasionally get a reaction from perfume too and it stopped me from wearing perfume everyday.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

I told my friends about this wonderful idea thanks

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Good idea also perfume lasts longer on clothes

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

that is a good solution…. I prefer the hair one coz perfume on clothes smell a bit funny sometimes

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.