How to join the beautyheaven Trial Team
WHAT IS THE BEAUTYHEAVEN TRIAL TEAM?
Members of the Trial Team are sent products to trial and review for free, based on their beauty profile preferences. You can select whether you’d like to participate in written or video Trial Teams, or both. All we ask in return is that you submit thorough reviews by the deadline given. Trial Team Members also get exclusive invites to our Beauty Degustation events (see more on these in the FAQ below).
HOW TO JOIN THE TRIAL TEAM:
- Become a beautyheaven member here. Discover the perks of becoming a member (including swapping your points for free beauty products) here.
- Sign in and complete your Profile information - this is how we know when to select you for Trial Teams that are relevant to your profile and references.
- Submit 5 or more thorough products reviews (that become approved and published on site). Thorough reviews don’t always need to be positive; they just need to be helpful for other members, by give an accurate account of your experience of a product.Read more on how to write a good review here.
- Email Vanessa at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Trial Team’ as the subject line and in the body of the email include: Links to 3 of your most informative reviews, plus your member name and email address, noting you’d like to be considered for acceptance into the team.
- The beautyheaven team will look at the reviews you have submitted and will, at their discretion and determine your acceptance into the team. This doesn’t mean all reviews have to be positive, but they do need to give an accurate account of your experience of a product.
- You will receive an email response within 2 weeks advising of whether your application has been successful, or with tips and the steps you need to take before re-applying.
- Once you are accepted:
- Be sure to log in regularly and write reviews for new products you’re using, as your activity status will increase your chances of being selected. This is how you’ll also find out about new Trial Team opportunities.
- Equally importantly, always ensure your profile details and beauty preferences are up to date otherwise you may miss out on Trials and Beauty Degustation events (see below for more on these) relevant to you.
Note: All Trial Team members must submit reviews for the products they are sent within the deadline given. Failure to do so will result in being dismissed from the Trial Team.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
What kind of products can I expect to trial?
The Trial Team tests out a huge range of products - from BB creams and foundations to shampoos, lipsticks, face creams and many, many more beauty treats. Your suitability for each trial is determined by your beauty profile. Beautyheaven selects the members whose skin/hair concerns and beauty interests best align with each product, so it's important to keep your beauty profile updated.
How do I join the Video Trial Team?
Find out more on how to join and what’s required of a video Trial Team Member here. Basically, it’s just like the regular Trial Team, only you’ll be submitting a video review instead of a written one. A selection of the reviews will be aired on beautyheaven and on our YouTube channel. Sound like something you’d be interested in? Find out more here.
What is Beauty Degustation?
In addition to getting to trial and review products for free, Trial Team Members get exclusive to get a taste of some of the best beauty brands around at our Beauty Degustation events. The activities vary from event to event, meaning you could experience anything from hairstyling and make-up tutorials to skincare demonstrations and manicures. Along with learning about all things beauty straight from the experts, our attendees have a ton of fun getting to know one another, as well as the bh team. Plus, they walk away with a bunch of new products to trial!
How do I register my interest to attend?
beautyheaven runs a Beauty Degustation event every few months (usually on a Saturday). Currently, the venue is our office in Sydney, so if you’re from NSW and would like to attend, send an email to bh’s Vanessa at email@example.com for consideration.