Kiss me quick
We all want (and can usually quite easily achieve) a luscious sexy pout – but every now and then even the best of us suffer from dry, flaky lips.
Besides the obvious excessive pashing and exposure to the cold, chapped lips are also caused by too much time spent in the sun, general dehydration and, in some cases, may indicate an allergic reaction to certain foods or cosmetics.
To keep your lips looking as alluring as possible, follow these simple steps and wait for the kisses to come your way!
1. Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to keep your body hydrated and your skin supple (yes, your lips are part of your skin too!)
2. Avoid licking your lips – or at least try to make a conscious effort to stop yourself from doing it regularly – as the excess moisture will evaporate quickly, taking with it any natural oils. So while you may think it’s helping, it’s only making things worse!
3. Treat your pout to a luxurious exfoliation once a week. To do this simply apply a rich moisturising cream such as Ego Pharmaceuticals Ego Skin Cream, over your lips and, using an old toothbrush, lightly buff them using circular motions. Gently wipe away any excess product before slathering on a soothing lip-gloss such as Lanolips Lip Ointment.
4. Keep a lip balm in your car, handbag, desk drawer, and on your bedside table so that hydration’s close at hand whenever your pout is feeling parched. Try Dr Spiller Biocosmetic Aloe Vera Lip Balm.
5. Don’t forget your smile when slapping on your sunscreen and opt for a lipstick or gloss with a built-in SPF. We like Hissyfit Lip Service Colour and Australis Moisture Intense Lipstick which both come complete with an SPF 30+.
How do you keep your lips kissable?