Looking for a way to incorporate a pop of colour without looking too OTT? We couldn’t get past the standout, yet subtly beautiful make-up look that Rooney Mara sported at the Oscars.
And the best part is that it’s super-achievable to recreate at home! Just follow our simple how-to and you’ll be porcelain pretty with a pop of colour before you know it.
– The first step for any make-up look (well, those that you want to last!) is to apply a primer over your entire face. Try: Mary Kay Foundation Primer.
– Next, opt for a lightweight, matte foundation to give your skin a smooth, velvety finish. Try: Maybelline New York Dream Matte Powder.
– Give your cheeks a light flush and added definition by blending a cream blush just under your cheekbones. Try: Max Factor Touch Cream Blush.
– Apply a light, natural shade of eyeshadow across your entire lid (opt for a shade that has a bit of shimmer but not too much sparkle), before blending a darker shade into your socket to contour your eyelids. Try: Sheer Cover® Eyeshadow Palette.
– If your lashes are lacking the curl you need, use a heated eyelash curler to give your lashes some extra lift and then apply a volumising mascara. Try: Xtreme Lashes® by Jo Mousselli Xtreme Length and Volume™ Mascara.
• Your brows are an important part of this look, so before you do any defining make sure they’re well groomed. Follow these quick and easy steps to ensure your brows are looking their best.
• Choose a brow powder that best matches the natural shade of your brows and apply to your brows for extra definition. Try: Ardell Brow Defining Powder.
– Line your lips with a red lip liner to ensure your colour doesn’t bleed outside of your natural lip line before filling in the rest of your lips with the same liner. This will not only help your lipstick to stay put, but it will also ensure that if your lipstick does fade, your lips will still maintain some colour. Try: Ulta3 Lip Liner in True Red.
– Pick a matte red lipstick that matches the shade of your lip liner and apply it over your lips for that extra depth of colour. Try: Revlon Matte Lipstick in Really Red.
Which celeb had the best make-up look at this year’s Oscars?