Beauty products you should never share

by

Does anything beat getting ready with your girlfriends before a night out? With a glass of champagne in hand and tunes blaring, it’s the time to play around with your impressive make-up stash. And sharing is caring, right?

Hold it right there, girl. You should keep these five beauty products all to yourself (because this is what happens if you don’t)…

#1: MAKE-UP BRUSHES/SPONGES

When your make-up brushes and sponges are wet, they create the perfect environment for bacteria and yeast to thrive, which can lead to fungal infections and breakouts. If your friend forgot her make-up brush, kindly suggest she applies foundation using her fingertips. Only use sponges and brushes on clean skin, and wash them religiously every week.

#2: LIP GLOSS/LIPSTICK

We’ve all been there: you’re touching up your lip gloss post-coffee with your pal, and she asks if she can have some too. That’s when you need to quickly change the subject and move on! Since lipsticks and glosses are moist, they’re breeding grounds for bacteria – so infections like the contagious cold-sores-causing herpes virus can easily spread from person to person.

RELATED: Is it time for new make-up?

RELATED: Crimes against lipstick

RELATED: All the eye make-up inspo you’ll ever need

#3: JAR OF FACE CREAM

When you dip your fingers into a jar of product, you run the risk of contaminating the formula with bacteria – so you can only imagine what might happen if you let your good friend Sally sink her sticky fingers in, too! Store your skin care and foundation out of sight when the girls are around, and keep your skin free from nasties by washing your hands and using a spatula to scoop out product.

#4: NAIL TOOLS

You wouldn’t want your nail technician to use unsanitised nail clippers, buffers and files, so don’t share your own at-home ones with your friends, either. If your cuticles are cut and your tools aren’t properly sanitised, bacteria and fungus can spread, causing all sorts of icky infections like warts and Hepatitis C.

#5: MASCARA/EYELASH CURLER

It sounds gross, but your eyelashes, waterlines and lids actually contain loads of bacteria, making your eye make-up and tools vulnerable to hosting infections like pink eye, conjunctivitis and herpes. The next time your friend picks up your mascara wand, tell her that and she’ll step away, stat. NOBODY wants sticky eyes.

Do you avoid sharing your beauty products? Did you know that these products could spread infections?

Share your thoughts

Comment 1

1. God is Good!
    I promised God that I would share my testimony on this website. I had all the signs of STD Virus but I was not too sure as to which one. I did a lot of online research and scared myself straight for a whole week before going to see the nurse. She took one look at my genital part and first said that it could just be the anatomy of my body, then she said it looked like genital warts and that I MAY have herpes. I was devastated. She gave me some medicine for the herpes and some cream for the warts. I was also tested for every single STD including herpes. I went home and cried searching the web for all sorts of cures for herpes and awaiting my results. I saw a post whereby Dr. Kham cured Herpes and other diseases, I copied his contacts out and added him on whats app via +2348159922297. The next day my test result was ready and I confirmed Herpes positive. I told Dr. Kham about my health problems and he assured me of a cure. He prepared his herbal medicine and sent it to me. I took it for 14 days (2 weeks). Before the completion of the 14 days in which I completed the dose, the Blisters and Warts that were on my body were cleared. I went back for a check-up and I was told I’m free from the virus. Dr. Kham cures all types of diseases and viruses with the help of his herbal medicine. You can reach Dr. Kham via his email address on (dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com) or call him on +2348159922297 and whats app him on the same number, but You can Also Visit his website to know more about him at https://herbal-dr-kham.jimdosite.com/ or visit his Blog at https://drkhamcaregiver.blogspot.com/ for more info.

Item added to cart.