Welcome to Beauty Insider, where each month we bring you all of the latest beauty news, the best new product launches and the beauty brands we think should be on your radar. It’s a must-read for any beauty lover who wants to be in the know.
RELATED: Beauty Insider: March
Big news in beauty
- Lovekins’ brand vision has always been about improving the health and happiness of families, and so during the critical stages of the Australian bushfires they donated $46,000 worth of baby care products such as wet wipes, skin care, nappies and feminine hygiene sanitary pads to help women and families in need.
- Great news for Weleda fans everywhere (AKA everyone, including Victoria Beckham who names the brand’s Skin Food moisturiser among her beauty faves) – they’ve just launched in Priceline. One tube sells every 16 seconds, so grab yours (online) ASAP.
- Rihanna (otherwise known as everyone’s number one skinspiration) has teased the highly anticipated launch of Fenty Skin in an interview with British Vogue, alluding to the fact that while the wheels are in motion, she’s going to take the necessary time to get the formulas perfect. “Skincare, it’s the truth. It either works or it doesn’t. There’s nowhere to hide,” she shared. Fair; but in the meantime, we’ll happily continue hiding behind our favourite Fenty Beauty Match Stix shades.
- In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, essence has started an initiative to generate additional awareness around #socialdistancing, donating close to $900,000 to Doctors Without Borders, and launching a social campaign where they will donate approximately $9 for each post shared of a ‘digital kiss’ under the hashtag #kisstance. Selfie cams at the ready.
- Anyone who has ever perfected the art of the ideal hairstyle and outfit combo knows how well they complement each other – turns out Aussie haircare company De Lorenzo and Sydney fashion label IXIAH agree, having announced a 12-month brand alignment with De Lorenzo hair products being used to complete IXIAH fashion looks onset at photoshoots and via social media
The best beauty launches this month
Nature’s Way Beauty Collagen Mature Skin Gummies
Not sure your collagen topicals are cutting it? Plump skin up from the inside out with these new collagen gummies, designed to aid skin in reclaiming its youthful appearance.
Discover Nature’s Way Beauty Collagen Mature Skin Gummies
Synergie Skin Sanitiser Spray
We’ll take all the sanitising action we can get right now, and this antimicrobial disinfecting spray offers it in spades, helping to protect skin against unwelcome germs.
Discover Synergie Skin Sanitiser Spray
Sensori+ Hydra + Detox Hand Sanitiser – Gyndah Orchard 4625
Still struggling to find a good hand sanitiser on supermarket shelves? Treat your palms to this disinfecting cedarwood and citrus scented concoction.
Discover Sensori+ Hydra + Detox Hand Sanitiser – Gyndah Orchard 4625
Garnier Micellar Rose Water Clean & Glow
Keen for your face to come up smelling like roses post-shower? Try washing with this floral micellar cleanser, featuring radiance-reviving rose water.
Discover Garnier Micellar Rose Water Clean & Glow
Magnesium Power Magnesium Gel
If cramps or muscle and joint pain are getting you down, this 100 per cent natural magnesium gel can help; it’s super effective for soothing muscles and decreasing discomfort.
Discover Magnesium Power Magnesium Gel
Sonia Washburn SYDNEY Pink Frangipani Eau de Parfum
We never met a natural scent we didn’t like, but TBH, one that smells like frangipani, neroli and vanilla may just top them all. Add amber to the mix and you’ve got yourself a deal.
Discover Sonia Washburn SYDNEY Pink Frangipani Eau de Parfum
Glasshouse Fragrances Lost in Amalfi – Sea Mist Hand Sanitiser
We’re stocking up on hand sanitisers for obvious reasons right now, but honestly, with the fragrant freesia, lime and musk mix of this one, we’ll be loading up on it long after our COVID-19 concerns are over.
Discover Glasshouse Fragrances Lost in Amalfi – Sea Mist Hand Sanitiser
L’OCCITANE Herbae L’Eau Beauty Milk
Okay, tell us beauty milk doesn’t sound delightful?! If you’re looking for a pressie for your mum this Mother’s Day, we highly recommend this shea butter-powered floral-scented hydrator; but hey, it also works as a gift from you to you.
Discover L’OCCITANE Herbae L’Eau Beauty Milk
Hask Keratin Protein 5-In-1 Leave-In Spray
Featuring hydrolysed keratin to coat and seal strands, this leave-in-spray leaves hair hydrated, smooth and frizz-free with a few simple spritzes.
Discover Hask Keratin Protein 5-In-1 Leave-In Spray
New brands on bh
NYX Professional Makeup
Honestly, any makeup look you’ve ever wanted to create is probably possible with NYX. They’ve got everything from flawless foundations to neon eyeshadows, and we’re big fans all around. We’re loving this colour correcting palette, amazing for concealing and correcting uneven skin tone.
There’s no need to struggle through the pain of laser hair removal or tattooing when you can apply this skin-numbing cream instead. It contains two active ingredients (lidocaine and prilocaine if you’re keen to get technical) that work together to ensure it’s all gain, no pain.
bh loves: Numit
If you’re keen to get your pearly whites looking, well, pearly white again, this range is a must-try. Their whitening kits are genius, but the dark stains toothpaste is a great everyday option, able to rid your teeth of just about everything (including wine stains, so bottoms up).
bh loves: iWhite Dark Stains Toothpaste
Remescar is all about self-confidence, so they’re committed to helping you solve beauty issues that may be causing a hit to yours, with products designed to treat everything from eye bags to fine lines. We’re relying on this pore reducing face cream right now to keep our skin looking smooth, matte and clear
bh loves: Remescar Instant Pore Reducer