Water world

by
Water world

Brrr, it’s cold outside. Weather like this makes me want to jump under a warm shower the minute I get home of an evening. Yes, I know much of Australia is living with water restrictions, but the bathroom is a sanctuary that deserves to be enjoyed without guilt. At least every now and then.

I enter guilt-free bathroom bliss of an evening. Either as soon as I walk in the door or just before bedtime. I like to light a candle, choose a soft, clean towel and gather my pampering potions before closing the door on the world.

Ahhh. It doesn’t take much to switch off, as soon as the water hits the back of my neck I’m away. But there are certain body products I call on to help melt away the day’s stresses. Like anything with the heady scent of lavender.

Some of the other bh-ers giggled when I mentioned my Nanna-esque preference but I find it uber-relaxing. Something about the aroma mixing with the steam convince me I’ll sleep like a baby afterwards. That’s why there’s usually at least one lavender bath gel or soap in my shower. L’Occitane does especially delicious versions such as the Lavender Spindle Soap which contains seeds from the plant for a slightly gritty texture.

Not that I don’t have a fierce body scrub on hand as well. At the end of a particularly hectic day it’s energising to slough away the stress. With or without those scratchy body gloves, L’Oreal Paris Body Expertise Exofotonic is amazingly effective for banishing bad vibes. And besides, it’s essential for making the most of post-shower moisturising. Which, of course, is a must during winter.

But that’s a whole other story. One that I’ll fill you in on tomorrow. In the meantime, I’ve been loving Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser to remove my make-up. It’s rich yet rinses away easily and takes my mascara with it. So I leave the shower feeling clean, calm and warm with a minimum of fuss (and water). Mission accomplished.

What’s your shower time indulgence?

Share your thoughts