Celeb skin care tricks to try for less than $20
While we’re constantly hearing news about celebrities dropping thousands of dollars on the latest and greatest skin care treatments, it’s refreshing to learn that some A-listers are actually spending next to nothing on their best beauty tricks.
Proving that you don’t need a hefty bank balance to look as good as a celebrity, we’ve discovered a range of stars’ skin care secrets that won’t even go close to breaking your budget...
1) "I'm always having to pinch my cheeks because my face (even when I'm embarrassed) does not flush. Never, ever!" - Jessica Stroup
2) "Once I started drinking more water, my skin, hair and nails all flourished." - America Ferrera
3) "I always tell people ... get some sleep. Sleep is incredibly important for clear skin. I don't get enough of it, and the times that I have enough, I definitely had a healthier glow." - AnnaLynne McCord
4) "Don't go a full day or night without washing your face. You have to get all the dirt and make-up out of your pores." - Mary J. Blige
5) While Sienna Miller may opt for the pricier icy facial treatment from London facialist Una Brennan, Kate Hudson uses the cheap and cheerful (or not so cheerful as the case may be) technique of dunking her face in an ice bath. For how long, you ask? “It depends how badly I want it.” - Kate Hudson
Cost: Under $10
6) "If you use petroleum jelly on your lids, it gives you a dewy, angelic look." - Freida Pinto
7) "I use omega-3 oil. I love light oil on my skin. It's one of my favourite feelings in the world." - Gwyneth Paltrow
8) “Putting butt cream under my eyes is one of my best beauty secrets, and stops me from getting lines.” - Sandra Bullock
Cost: Under $20
9) “I love coconut oil. I put it all over my face and through my hair. I rinse my hair out then sleep in it, and when I wake up, everything is so soft. It's crazy.” - Cheyenne Tozzi
10) "For removing my mascara, I like using coconut oil.” - Karolina Kurkova
11) “Olive and macadamia oils are really good for your complexion. Put one of them on in the shower and they make your skin zing. I incorporate them into a homemade scrub with grapefruit juice and sea salt - a beauty trick taught to me by a friend of mine.” - Cate Blanchett
12) “Not to brag, but I have a lot of allergies. I’m seriously allergic to everything. So I just use natural grapeseed oil from the grocery store on my face as a moisturiser. After the shower, I pat it on, and then I’ll use it throughout the day and at night. I pretty much smell like grape all the time.” - Emma Stone
13) “I like to wear rosehip oil at night. It’s full of that many antioxidants and it really works on a cellular level too to rejuvenate the skin. I put that on at night and I wake up glowing.” - Miranda Kerr
14) “I’ve been doing juice cleanses for 15 years. My skin glows when I finish day three.” - Salma Hayek
15) “Having great skin also has a lot to do with what you eat - if you eat junk, it's going to show. I live in New York and when I go out to eat I'll pick healthy places.” - Karolina Kurkova
Are any of these tricks already in your beauty routine? Which of these tips would you like to try?