As someone who doesn’t take a ton of time to get ready (I’d much rather sleep in), I don’t have the patience for creams that take ten minutes to sink in, self-tans that develop at a snail’s pace, or any other product that comes with a wait time – no matter how good it is!
Thankfully, these sprays are a breeze to use and just as effective as their solid sisters. Spritz them on, and you’ll be out the door in seconds (not hours)…
RELATED: 9 of the best budget beauty buys
Does your make-up look fabulous in the morning, only to slide right off after a couple of hours? Try these tips for making your make-up last, and if all else fails, add a setting spray to your routine. It’ll keep your base in place.
– NYX Cosmetics Make Up Setting Spray (it comes in two finishes: dewy and matte)
– Australis Make-up Finishing Spritz (it’s light, breathable and comes in an adorable pink bottle)
– Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray ($23, mecca.com.au) (formulated to keep your make-up looking fresh for up to 16 hours)
With all the necessary self-tan prep included, the process of fake tanning can be hella long. Thankfully, you can shave off a few minutes with a speedy spray formula.
– Bondi Sands Summer Bronze Instant Tan Light/Medium (for an instant and, more importantly, streak-free glow)
– ModelCo TAN AIRBRUSH IN A CAN (it smells like cocoa butter – need I say more?)
– Face of Australia Bronzer Instant Tan Spray (so your face matches your bronzed bod)
Spray body moisturiser
A spray moisturiser couldn’t possibly measure up to the hydration factor of a lotion or a cream, right? Wrong. The proof is in the spritz…
– Vaseline Intensive Care Spray Moisturiser Advanced Strength (fragrance-free and great for sensitive skin)
– Yes to™ Ultra Light Spray Body Lotion (feels light as a feather, and nourishes like no other)
– Palmer’s Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion Cocoa & Shea (I’m a Palmer’s fan from way-back-when and this is one of my top picks)
Hydrating face mist
Every working girl should have one of these babies at her desk – especially in the winter months. It’s definitely not a replacement for moisturiser, but it’s perfect for a hydration hit in between applications.
– Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist (this Best in Beauty winner smells like heaven on earth)
– Kosmea Hydrating Rosewater Mist (can be used to set make-up as well)
– zk’in certified organic skincare Hydrating Mist (also good in summer to help soothe sunburn)
Hairspray’s obviously a quick foil for flyaways, but did you know you can use it in nine other ways? Being a bit of a klutz, my favourite one is to give slippery soles some grip before hitting the d-floor.
– Cedel Firm Hairspray (gotta love that jumbo-sized can!)
– ELEVEN Australia Give Me Hold Strong Hairspray (bh’s hair editor Astrid raves about this baby)
– L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Normal Strength Hairspray (an affordable, everyday staple)
These hardworking sprays can be used to sort out a whole range of beauty woes, from disinfecting minor cuts and scrapes to neutralising foot odour and cleaning make-up tools.
– Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Spray (tea tree oil is a beauty godsend. Nuff said)
– Elemis Tea Tree S.O.S Spray (treats problem skin and smelly feet).
– Manicare Brush Cleaner (to keep your brushes clean and your skin clear)
Do you use any of these sprays? Which kind would you most like to try?