Even Better Refresh™ Hydrating and Repairing Makeup

Skin Concern

Dryness, Dullness

Clinique Even Even Better Refresh™ Hydrating and Repairing Makeup is a full-coverage 24-hour foundation that provides weightless skin-plumping hydration while actively improving smoothness, texture and evenness. It helps reveal skin’s soft inner radiance and improves skin clarity and texture with salicylic acid, while helping to smooth the skin’s surface using powerhouse peptides. It is also formulated with a powerhouse cocktail of skin plumping ingredients and it incorporates superb hydration used in key skincare launches. Suitable for very dry to combination oily skin types. Available in 27 shades.

Good for

Combination, Dry, Normal

Good for

Combination, Dry, Normal

Even Better Refresh™ Hydrating and Repairing Makeup is rated 4.0 out of 5 by 1.
  • y_2022, m_1, d_17, h_20
  • loc_en_AU, sid_18790, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Foundation that cares for your skin The Even Better Refresh Hydrating and Repairing Makeup* claims to be a full-coverage foundation with 24-hour wear that revitalises skin for a more youthful look. It is a 24 hour hydrating foundation that claims to have a flawless full coverage and natural finish. It aims to create a virtually poreless look while smoothing and plumping for younger-looking skin. The most exciting thing for me is the ingredients inside. It contains hyaluronic acid plumps fine dry lines, potent peptides help keep skin smooth and salicylic acid retexturises skin. It is formulated without parabens, phthalates, fragrances, while also being oil free, non-acnegenic and aiming to not clog pores. To apply, I squeeze a small amount on the back of my hand, dot a little bit around my face, and then use my foundation brush to blend the foundation in. I have found it to be more of a matte finish, however it still blends in easily. The initial coverage is a medium coverage, and it is buildable. I wouldn't classify it as a full coverage, as I find if I try to build it up too much it just ends up looking cakey and like I have really packed it on. I find it to be at it's best when it's a medium coverage. In saying that, it doesn't completely cover my spots, but helps to even out my skin tone and look flawless. Now let's talk longevity. Initially I didn't love the matte finish - it did look almost a bit drying on my skin, however with wear it did start to get more of a natural look - a little more glowy and hydrated. For this reason, I am not completely sure how it would go if you have oily skin. After the first hour, I was really happy with how it looked - it looked better than when I applied it. By the end of the day, it was still looking good, it had a natural glow to the skin but didn't look oily. I did find it goes a little patchy on my chin, but as you might have picked up in other foundation reviews I have done, this is something that happens with basically every foundation I have ever used. I am yet to find one that doesn't wear on my chin. Overall, I was really happy with how the foundation looked and how it lasted throughout the day. It's a really lovely every day foundation that doesn't feel heavy on the skin, to be honest, it doesn't feel like I am wearing any foundation at all. I can't comment yet on how the ingredients in go on a long term basis, I can only imagine good things if hyaluronic and salicylic acid are involved. I love that it has ingredients in it that are going to care for your skin while you wear it.
Date published: 2019-06-02
  • y_2022, m_1, d_17, h_20
02 Jun 2019

Foundation that cares for your skin

The Even Better Refresh Hydrating and Repairing Makeup* claims to be a full-coverage foundation with 24-hour wear that revitalises skin for a more youthful look. It is a 24 hour hydrating foundation that claims to have a flawless full coverage... Read full review