Colour Crave Semi-Permanent Hair Colour

Clairol Colour Crave Semi-Permanent Hair Colour is a semi-permanent hair dye that is visible on blonde, brunette and bleached hair. Lasting 15 plus shampoos, Colour Crave gradually fades on tone and is true to colour after each wash. Its creamy, no-drip dye coats the hair’s surface, and unlike permanent oxidative colour, there is no altering of natural hair pigments. Available in Orchid, Indigo, Rose Gold, Flamingo, Emerald, Apricot, Lavender, Teal and Daffodil shades.

Colour Crave Semi-Permanent Hair Colour is rated 4.0 out of 5 by 1.
  • loc_en_AU, sid_20602, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
Rated 4 out of 5 by from O.K if you want to experiment a little with unnatural colours I bought this on special at my local supermarket and was keen to see what a well established brand like Clairol would come up with in fashion colours. I bought the shade 'orchid' , it's a violet colour - a cool purple. It comes with 2 pairs of gloves and a good quality applicator brush with angled bristles. It's in a metal tube containing 60mls, which is'nt a lot - especially when compared to other brands I use that contain more dye for a similar price. The consistency is quite thick but I think that unless your hair is very short or you only want to dye a section of your hair you would need to buy more than one. so it's not very cost effective. While Clairol don't mention this on the packaging they do only show examples of highlighted and ombre coloured hair and instructions say to "apply to chosen sections of hair" - alluding to the fact that it is'nt enough for a full head of colour. The dyes thick consistency makes it perfect to apply to sections of your hair with no running or mess. Instructions say to leave on for 20 minutes or 30 minutes for a bolder colour. I left it on for 35. It does'nt contain Ammonia or other harmful ingredients that damage hair. It was easy to rinse out and did'nt stain my skin, and unlike other purple dyes I have used it was easy to clean off my shower tiles. My hair looked and felt well conditioned, the colour looked good and was what I was expecting. It lasted about 10 washes and I like that it faded true-to-colour as many purple dyes can turn pink as they fade. However I would not repurchase as I believe it's too overpriced for the amount you get and should really be sold as a ombre or highlighting kit.
Date published: 2019-03-02
02 Mar 2019

O.K if you want to experiment a little with unnatural colours

I bought this on special at my local supermarket and was keen to see what a well established brand like Clairol would come up with in fashion colours. I bought the shade \'orchid\' , it\'s a violet colour - a... Read full review

Section the hair you want to colour before you start application.