Bondi Sands Back Applicator

Bondi Sands Back Applicator is a self-tanning tool that can be used to apply tan to the back and behind the legs and neck. The soft foam applicator has been designed to provide even coverage for flawless results. It conveniently folds away for easy storage and travel.

Bondi Sands Back Applicator is rated 2.9 out of 5 by 22.
  • loc_en_AU, sid_23526, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Good but not great I did like this product, as it helped get the hard to reach middle of the back saga of my tanning routine. However, the sponge part- didn’t like at all. I felt it just pushed the product around and almost took some off due to the density of it. The other side is like the mit which was much better, still a little awkward as it’s a stiff flat arm but all you have to do is relax your back and manoeuvre the angles to get it on good. The reason it didn’t get four stars is that the applicator isn’t great quality, with the material falling apart after not Long of having it. I thought it was maybe a random thing but after it happened to the second purchase I’m hesitant to re buy.
Date published: 2019-01-25
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Waste of Landfill Stupid product design, doesn't stay stiff. Hard to wash the really, really thin blue sponge that is glued to the paddle and the velvet pad on the other side. To improve this product, Bondi Sands need to make the applicator surface area larger and easy to remove and clean. No matter how much you clean the sponge, there is always moisture behind the pads and it smells after use. I dried mine outside, hanging upside down and I still get a whiff of mould. Their products are absolutely fabulous. If only their back applicator lived up to the legacy of this amazing Australian Brand!
Date published: 2018-04-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Handy Tool! This is a useful tool to get to sections and bits of my back that have got missed and there is a generous extra two replacement velvet heads in the pack. Plus the way this folds out is awesome - so storage isn't a bit deal for something that extends so far to reach on the back area - I happen to have an extra long back (like I'm a size 12 in length in my back even though I'm only a size 6 in width) so I appreciate tools such as this. The tanning lotion gets put onto the velvet head and then I can rub it around exactly where I need it. The velvet feel of the head makes it have a lovely finish on my skin - it makes it easy to blend. There is a foam textured blue end and also a velvet textured end to this tool. Handy!
Date published: 2019-06-15
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Great Concept but... I was excited to test out the Bondi Sands back applicator as there is always that one patch on my back that I can't reach and remains pale until my partner can apply tan for me. I pumped some tan onto the back applicator and awkwardly rubbed the product on my back, it was slightly difficult and didn't apply to the area smoothly, although it was still better than using nothing at all. But then halfway through applying the foam applicator bit completely snapped off from the plastic holder! I love the idea of this product but unfortunately it just didn't work for me.
Date published: 2015-12-30
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Average. This isn't really necessary when tanning if you have a friend or partner do your back for you and when testing this I discovered it was actually quite hard to use. It has 2 ends each with a different applicator, the end with material like the application mitt is hard to manuver across your back without unevenly smearing the tanning product and though it's large enough it's quite thin and doesn't bounce off the skin but rather scrapes against it instead. The opposite end is a thicker yet rougher sponge and applies the product better though is still hard to use.
Date published: 2015-11-13
16 Apr 2021

Back applicator

I always struggle with tanning my back so when I saw Bondi sands back applicator advertised I decided to purchase it and try it out. Sadly it was a complete waste of money, I couldn’t make it apply evenly and... Read full review

Don’t waste your money

16 Apr 2020

Best applicator ever

Not only is the mousse the perfect consistency and color, it smells amazing! no bronzer smell ever!! The back applicator is the best I’ve ever used and allows the mousse to be spread easily for an even looking tan every... Read full review

Tanning your back if hard to reach

11 Mar 2020

Love the idea but is not executed well

First of all I was very excited to try this back applicator in the hopes of easy tanning to my back. I was very disappointed by the back applicator as it is not flexible enough to get to the hard... Read full review
13 Oct 2019

Impracticable

I had high hopes for the back applicator as I LOVE the Bondi Sands tanning mitt.. it is quite hard to do it yourself especially when no one is around to help you out. I found it quite flimsy and... Read full review

Get someone to do your back for you or try another applicator

15 Jun 2019

Handy Tool!

This is a useful tool to get to sections and bits of my back that have got missed and there is a generous extra two replacement velvet heads in the pack. Plus the way this folds out is awesome -... Read full review

After applying tan onto the back area that is needed, make sure you rub this velvet head around a bit to blend the tan in well for a professional, no tell-tale look for the tan.

Ideal for getting those bits/areas that were missed. Ideal for hard to reach areas.