Dry Shampoo

A’kin Dry Shampoo is a dry shampoo that absorbs four times more excess oil than most dry shampoos on the market, leaving hair full and fresh. The 100 per cent vegan and cruelty-free dry shampoo contains a bamboo and rice powder formulation which provides instant volume and texture, refreshes hair and has no residue build-up. On counter: April 1, 2016.

Dry Shampoo is rated 3.9 out of 5 by 61.
  • y_2022, m_1, d_17, h_20
  • loc_en_AU, sid_23266, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Not much refreshment I was not a real fan of this dry hair shampoo. I did not like the smell at all that was the first thing I noticed. I found it to be quite a strong smell for a dry hair shampoo. It left my hair with slight grey/white marks and didn't look very clean; felt like I had a slight dandruff issue although it did give my hair a bit of volume and take away the greasiness. I found the next day when I washed my hair it had quite a "wiry texture" and was not soft after shampooing. Have not had this issue before can only put it down to an ingredient in this product. The only thing I like about it was the packaging and how easy it was to use.
Date published: 2016-03-31
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Volumising, refreshing and natural ingredients This dry shampoo comes in a smooth, small spray can (similar in size and texture to a dove deoderant can). I love the branding as it looks 'healthy' and appropriate for all ages. It is perfect for your handbag or travel kit. The product smells refreshing and isn't overly strong or sweet. Once sprayed into hair, the dry shampoo takes about 5-10 seconds to dry. It does not leave a white or chalky residue like other brands. The spray can makes it very quick and easy to use one-handed. I love that this dry shampoo is made of natural ingredients as your scalp is often very sensitive and any disruption can inhibit hair growth. I will purchase this once it runs out.
Date published: 2016-03-21
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Trial Team I rarely use dry shampoo unless it's a "emergency" as I feel that other dry shampoo products does just an okay job . However, A'kin's dry shampoo may have restored my faith in dry shampoos. First of all, the product smelled refreshing! As if I just came out of the shower. Secondly, I feel that it did absorb more moisture compared to other brands I have tried. However, I still don't feel 100% clean which is obviously expected. All in all, I still would only use dry shampoos in case of an emergency (no time to wash hair due to workload) but when I do need to use dry shampoo, I will definitely be using A'kin's dry shampoo!
Date published: 2016-03-25
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Works well for 2 or 3 day old hair. I liked this product a lot. As I tend to do a lot of sport my hair can get pretty oily and sweaty quite quickly and it's hard to wash it every time I do sport so this dry shampoo helped me out HEAPS. First of all it smelt amazing, very fresh which I liked. When I put it into my hair it gave it a lot more volume and made it easier to style as well. My hair didn't feel oily afterwards which was exactly what I wanted. However after using this my hair did tend to feel a bit dry and course, I tend to get that with every dry shampoo I use as I naturally have quite dry hair. I really loved how this product was vegan and the packaging was very nice, good size for travelling.
Date published: 2016-03-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Best I have used I have used dry shampoo before as I world rather the extra sleep in than getting up early to wash my hair... This is a great product. I love that is it natural. And there is no compromise on quality. My hair felt great after use. There was less oil and it looked cleaner. There was no unpleasant smell, which I have found with some others. Best of all, my scalp didn't feel dry or irritated and no white marks. My hair didn't feel as soft and clean as if I just washed it, but I also didn't need to straighten it again after use. So not a compromise for me at all. A huge time saver! I will definitely be using this again. I like using natural products, so that is a big win for me.
Date published: 2016-03-20
  • y_2022, m_1, d_17, h_20
  • CLOUD, getReviews, 4ms
19 Sep 2021

Makes the hair fresh again

Akin dry shampoo refreshes my hair and makes it feel good and removes any oil. I like to use after the gym. Its not tested on animals. Its 100% vegan. It contains bamboo and rice powder. It comes in a... Read full review

all hair types

25 Nov 2020

Fresh scent but did not make my hair look good.

This dry shampoo has the best scent out of all the other dry shampoos I have dried. It really was so refreshing and I felt like I had just washed my hair. The product itself though was a bit disappointing.... Read full review
19 Jun 2019

Leaves hair too stiff

I bought this once to try a more natural based dry shampoo but regretfully it didn\'t work well for me. I have brunette hair and the colour was great it didn\'t leave a cast. It did however leave a stiff... Read full review
17 Jun 2019

Love!

I have tried many dry shampoos and not many have worked for me, but this is just perfect. The spray is even and strong, it gets all my roots easily. It doesn\'t leave a white cast at all. It absorbs... Read full review

29 Jul 2018

Meh

I love that this dry shampoo is cruelty-free but I have to say that the scent alone is enough to put me off purchasing again. It smells awful! Aside from that though, it was effective in wicking up excess oil,... Read full review

Use before bed. It means you don't have to brush it out, and the excess oil on your scalp is absorbed overnight. It also meant less volume, which is what I was looking for.

Someone who wants lots of volume.