Zoë Foster Blake Tells Us *All* Of Her Beauty Must-Haves, Including A $6 Brow Gel

by

Because Zoë Foster Blake runs a (hugely successful) skin care company, you could be forgiven for thinking that’s her only area of expertise. And while there’s no doubt the woman knows her skin care, after spending over a decade as a beauty editor you’d better believe she’s got a few more tricks up her sleeve.

So while we already know most of her skin care go-to’s (…Go-To skin care, obviously), we were curious as to what other must-haves the beauty mogul stocks up on.

And luckily for all of us (but perhaps unluckily for our savings accounts), Zoë has spilled the beans.

RELATED: The 8 products Zoë Foster Blake’s makeup artist used for her 90s inspired glam

RELATED: The smudge-proof mascara Zoë Foster Blake swears by

Go-to foundation:

“I’m a long-time fan of NARS Sheer Glow (mecca.com.au, $72) because it’s luminous, covers my pigmentation, and can be applied in about two seconds.

Go-to primer:

“Laura Mercier’s luminous primer (mecca.com.au, $58) for extra glow.”

Go-to nail polish colour:

“I am so dang boring these days. I get OPI Put it In Neutral gel polish on my fingernails every fortnight. It’s a failsafe nude, no matter what I have on.”

Go-to fake tan:

“Spray Aus Dark Mousse (sprayaus.com.au, $34.95), which gives a legitimate spray tan lewk, and I also love Le Tan’s mousse for ongoing colour.”

Go-to luxe makeup buy:

“Tatcha’s luminous dewy skin mist (mecca.com.au, $73).”

Go-to budget makeup buy:

“Nyx Tinted Brow Gel (priceline.com.au, $6) – just the right amount of tint, just the right-size spoolie, and no flaking. Foolproof and fast in a sea of increasingly complicated 12-step brow systems.”

Go-to signature scent:

“No signature, I get bored. Current faves are Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous (davidjones.com.au, $480) and Le Labo Santal 33 (mecca.com.au, $289).”

Go-to special occasion scent:

“Probably Tom Ford Black Orchid (sephora.com.au, $130).”

Go-to handbag favourites:

• Lips! (gotoskincare.com, $15)
  • Super Handy (gotoskincare.com, $15)
  • It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye – “cannot recommend enough”.
  • Trinny London lip2cheek in Phoebe (trinnylondon.com/au, $45)
  • Chantecaille lipstick in Daphne (mecca.com.au, $58)
  • Brow gel (Nyx Tinted Brow Gel, priceline.com.au, $6)

Have you tried out any of Zoë’s go-tos?

Main image credit: @yenmakeup_

Have you tried any of the products mentioned?

Review them now to earn points that you can swap for free beauty products in RewardsRoom.

Share your thoughts

Comments 50

1. I like some of her skincare products as they’re natural, so these don’t appeal to me, but her makeup always looks good. I didn’t realise a perfume could sell for $480?! Good thing they’re not for me.

2. I recently started using NARS Sheer Glow and it is not working well on my dry and mature skin. It sinks into the larger pores and accentuates them.
    EDIT: I’m still using this foundation and I’m liking it more than before.

3. Never tried any of these brands, i went into mecca the first time the other day and i wasn’t impressed, i asked for serum foundatuion or bb like creams, and i was shown 3 full cover matte foundations, i asked for more sheer things and was told she doesn’t like sheer creams and didnt wish to show me those

4. Have never used the products that Zoë Foster Blake uses regularly she certainly looks great and can afford luxury Fragrances that many people like myself cannot afford.

5. See if you can get a sample for the concealer somewhere; perhaps Adore Beauty. The concealer didn’t work on my cheeks, but it might be better for its intended purpose – the under-eyes area. Having said that, I think there are better concealers available that don’t have such a dense texture.

6. Yes te undereye area is special and delicate, you want to cover those dark circles and lines, or at least illuminate those lines, YSL Touche eclat is nice, I am keen to try the YSL toche eclat in the highcover variety to see if that is better for under the eyes
    As far i know, no where i WA sells IT Cosmetics, so hard to find which is right, even for the BB cream or CC cream

7. I don’t have dark circles, but if I did, I would buy the Eve Pearl Dual Salmon Concealer from TVSN, the home shopping network. You might find another concealer with a similar peach undertone; brands such as Bobbi Brown, Charlotte Tilbury, NYX, LA Girl etc (depending on your budget).

8. Some great sounding brands Petal, I do get daily emails from Charlotte Tilbury and am often tempted, they do have a lovely new mask which I thought Ooh I want that lol. TVSN is good too, I will have a look at Eve Pearl range thankyou

9. Great products but all so expensive and probably provided by the companies to promote and comment on anyway. I too would spruke these products if they were given to me and worked.

Item added to cart.