Aspiring blogger: Vicky Nguyen
I loved The Great Gatsby so much, despite the mixed reviews it must be receiving. I had initially wanted to film this look, but my camcorder has been acting up so I tried my hands at some easy-to-follow visuals.
Something light and elegant, with a little oomph!
1. Prime and conceal
On the left side is my completely bare face and imperfections in all its splendour. You can see that I have rather uneven skin tones and a lot of redness. My main concern is my under-eye circles, which I inherited from my mother. I've noticed that no matter how much sleep I get, the dark circles under my eyes never seem to go away.
As someone who fanatically buys one concealer after the other, I almost gave up hope on finding the perfect cover up. I am honestly so in love with the Benefit boi-ing concealer! I've learnt that when it comes to concealing, you have to look for a product that is the same colour as your natural skin-tone. The common mistake that a lot of women make is picking a concealer that is much too light, resulting in enhancing that area under the eye.
That's what a highlighter is for! Whilst I do love the night-time brightening look of a highlighter below your eyes, concealing is a whole different field.
So, my advice for my fellow natural-panda-eyed ladies is to find a concealer in your skin tone (or only a little bit lighter). This way, you can conceal the dark circles without bringing attention to the under-eye area.
2. Foundation routine
Make Up Forever HD Foundation + Stippling brush
3. Matte powder to set foundation
Benefit Material Girl + Bobbi Brown Powder brush
4. Line eyebrows and fill with angled brush, then with fluffy brush fill in 2/3 of eyelids
5. Fill in other 1/3 of eyelid with nude eyeshadow, giving depth to overall eyeshadow look
Napolean Burnt Magenta Eyeshadow + Bobbi Brown Angled Brush
6. With angled brush, line waterline on both eyelids
Silver eyeshadow roll on + Bobbi Brown fluffy brush
6. Roll on silver eyeshadow near tear-ducts and and lightly brush off the harsh lines with brush
7. Lightly contour face, under cheek-bones and jawline
Loreal Glam Eyes Day 2 Night
8. Prime eyelashes with one wand, then add volume to it with the other
Mac Up The Amp lipstick + Loreal High Intensity Pigments Shinee Struck Liquid Lipcolour
9. Apply lipstick and add lipcolour on top for extra intensity
Have you tried any of the products mentioned above?
Review them now to earn points that you can swap for free beauty products in RewardsRoom.