Doing your make-up should be a creative, exciting and even therapeutic experience. So when you have to move a pile of dirty laundry from in front of your mirror JUST to make room to do your face, it probably isn’t helping to invoke these feelings.
You need a space that’s your own, an area that makes you instantly happy when you see it, with all the tools and products you need to create a masterpiece. Sound like heaven? Here’s some inspo to get you started on your make-up station…
ROSE GOLD RETREAT
Metallics and particularly rose gold are very on trend, so it’s easy at the moment to find storage containers, lamps, candles and even beauty products in this colour.
For make-up brush and product storage, these Metal Tealight Candle Holders from Kmart (in the pic above) are only $5 a pop! Another cute idea for decorating your space is to put your favourite beauty quote in a rose gold frame.
RELATED: Mad about metallic beauty products?
We’re also just a bit obsessed with the rose gold packaging of these products…
- ulta3 Flame Vs Plum – Rose Gold Cookies & Cream Scented Candle
- Charlotte Tilbury Rose Gold & Night Crimson Makeup Bag, $59 www.charlottetilbury.com/au
- Nude by Nature Essential Collection Brush Set
- Remington Keratin & Argan Oil Nourish Straightener – S7500AU
BLACK AND WHITE CHIC
You can’t go wrong with black and white, it’s timeless and will work well whether your space is just a small corner or an entire room.
For small storage, the white SKURAR Candle Holders from IKEA ($2.99) are a popular choice and you can also pick up a Table Mirror while you’re there, they have a few options for different budgets.
Pinterest: Bethany Craddock
And of course there are plenty of sleek-looking black and white beauty products to pick from:
- MOR Correspondence Reed Diffuser
- Simple Limited Edition Kind To Skin Cleansing Wipes – Classic Black
- Jo Malone London Amber & Patchouli Cologne
- Alpha-H Age Delay Hand and Cuticle Care Cream
Pink and beauty go hand in hand, so if your make-up collection is already full of pink lipsticks and polishes, you won’t need to do much to deck out your space.
Pinterest: A Beautyful World
Make use of your candles once they’re finished by cleaning out the holders and filling them with your prettiest pink products to put on display.
You can also pop your polishes in a clear holder from Howard’s Storage World ($12.95). If you’ve got a large space to play with, put some peonies in a jar or mug as an extra touch. You can purchase an artificial bunch from Freedom Furniture for $24.95.
And if you’re after some pink packaging to finish it off, here are some goodies:
- Lady Jayne The Essentials Styling Brush
- Rimmel London The Max Volume Flash Mascara
- L’Oréal Paris Skin Perfection BB Cream
- Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush
Do you have your own beauty station? Which theme do you like best?