Full disclosure? I was in a bad mood when I filmed this.
Everyone’s allowed to have an off day, right? But instead of calling my mum to whinge as per usual, I channelled my energies into a rant. About lipsticks. Naturally.
So I’m just going to say sorry from the get-go. It’s all in good fun though, and hopefully some of you can relate to my pet hates about lipstick – which may seem insignificant, but is actually the greatest make-up product of all time.
If you’d rather not hear my voice (I don’t blame you!), you can keep reading to see what I managed to complain about for almost three minutes.
Lipstick crime #1 – Using your fingers
Please don’t be afraid to pop the lipstick straight on your lips. The colour will glide on a lot easier, I promise!
Lipstick crime #2 Pressing too hard
Are all your lipsticks curved? When applying them, ease up a little with the pressure and you’ll find they’ll last a lot longer.
Lipstick crime #3 Missing the corners of your mouth
Get right in there! You’d be surprised how much better your lip colour will look if you get into every nook and cranny. If you’re worried about getting lippy on your teeth, use the finger trick when you’re done. And voila!
bh’s Sam all-time fave lipsticks:
- L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Made-For-Me Intense Lipsticks in 373 Magnetic Coral
- Maybelline New York Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in Berry Much
- Rimmel London Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in 113
- Avon Over Nature Lipstick in Orchid Fantasy
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15 in Jealous Coral
How do you apply your lipstick? Are there any make-up sins you can’t stand?