How to add radiance to your winter makeup
If you’ve noticed your skin is lacking a little lustre now that winter has hit, then it may be time to try one of these radiant make-up looks – one is perfect for every day, while the other is perfect for a jazzier night look.
For both looks, start with a liquid foundation that will give your skin a glowing, dewy finish.
Try: Maybelline New York Fit me! Liquid Foundation
Add a warm glow with a peach blush applied on the apples of your cheeks. You can also apply the shade under your cheekbones (starting by your ear and ending at your top lip) if you prefer.
Try: Mirabella Blush in Glowing
RADIANT MAKE-UP FOR THE DAY
1) Apply a shimmery bronze eyeshadow on your entire lid, taking the colour up to the brow bone. Then, apply the shame shade under your bottom lash line.
Try: L’Oreal Paris Color Appeal Mono Eyeshadow in Platinum Beige.
2) Coat your top lashes with two coats of mascara and your bottom lashes with just one.
Try: Maybelline New York Volum’ ExpressCat Eyes Mascara.
3) Finish with a sheer peach lip balm or gloss.
Try: Carmex Moisture Plus Hydrating Lip Balm in Sheer Peach.
RADIANT MAKE-UP FOR THE NIGHT
1) Start by applying a light silver or bronze eyeshadow on half of your eyelid (from the middle to the inner corner) and on inner half of your bottom lash line. Make sure to apply the shade into the inner corner where your eye meets your nose.
Then, take a dark purple or burgundy and apply the eyeshadow on the other half of your eyelid and outer bottom lash line. Take the colour to just beyond where your eye ends and blend. Blend the area on your eyelid where the two shadow shades meet.
Try: Chi Chi Eyeshadow Quad in Sophisticated Sassy.
2) Line both your top and bottom inner eyelids, making sure not to take the colour all the way to the inner corner. You can also line your top lash line for extra oomph.
Try: Max Factor Liquid Eye Effect in Black Fire.
3) Apply a volumising mascara to both your top and bottom lashes. Start with two coats and keep applying until you’ve reached your desired thickness and volume.
Try: Bodyography Dramat-Eyes Volumizing Mascara.
4) Finish off the look a matte nude lip.
Try: Rimmel Apocalips in Nude Eclipse.
Do you like to add radiance to your winter make-up? Which of these looks would you most like to recreate?