How-to: apply bronzer
Bronzer is one of the niftiest little products around. Like a spray tan in a compact, bronzer gives your skin an instant summertime glow – without the harmful sun exposure. Here’s how to work your bronzer like a make-up artist…
To get a great bronzed look you need great bronzing products – in particular, your bronzing brush is paramount. A cheap or inferior brush can result in an uneven finish, so invest in a really dense fluffy brush for ideal distribution. We love Clinique’s Bronzer Brush, with it’s antibacterial bristles for ensuring upmost hygiene.
1. After applying foundation and allowing it to dry (you don’t want to work with a base that is too moist), swirl your bronzing brush in your bronzer a couple of times.
2. Get rid of excess particles of bronzer by tapping the base of your bronzing brush wand on a hard surface a couple of times.
3. Gently sweep the brush in light, even strokes all over your face, taking care not to go over any area more than once.
4. To contour your face and add a natural glow to your cheeks, start at the base of your cheekbone, near your mouth, then sweep upwards just underneath the check bone moving toward your temple. You can repeat this step again if you prefer a more distinctive look.
5. There’s nothing worse than a brown face and a white neck! So swirl your brush again to pick up a second lot of powder, tap, then start from underneath your chin and sweep down to your collarbone lightly until all skin is covered.