19 emotional stages of makeup shopping
Makeup lovers generally know how to go with the flow, whether it’s needing to disguise uneven eyeliner or touching up in some non traditional locations. However, there is one routine we tend to follow like a well oiled plan, and we may not even realise it!
Do you list shopping as one of your hobbies? If you answered yes, chances are you’ve probably experienced most of these makeup shopping moments for yourself.
Put down the shopping list because here are 19 emotional stages you’ve definitely experienced on a makeup shopping spree...
1. Your paycheck drops
You know those products you’ve been liking on Instagram all week? Now they can FINALLY all be yours.
2. You have high expectations for your self-control
There is nothing wrong with looking, right?
3. How you feel when you see your favourite makeup store
Online shopping in your PJ’s is fun, but nothing beats the feeling of going home.
4. You walk in and find out there is a huge sale on
5. You instantly become mesmerised by every display
For beauty lovers, this is like a museum, but not only can you touch the art, you can actually TAKE IT HOME!
6. You find one of three sales assistants..
The amazing one:
The one working WAY too hard to make a sale:
Or the slightly intimidating one:
7. You try to score a free in-store makeover
Maybe if I linger here, really casually they will see me and offer me one!
8. Mid-makeover they let you try it out for yourself
9. All done! You look in the mirror and… YOU LOVE IT!
10. Or you hate it.. But you try not to hurt their feelings
11. You try and colour match foundation by yourself
12. Is it overkill to get two nude eyeshadow palettes?
13. You must swatch every lipstick in this whole store
I need more arms!
14. Finding the perfect shade... and it’s out of stock
15. You realize how many products have appeared in your basket
But how did they get there?
16. Then you hear your total
17. As guilty as you feel at least they throw in some free samples
This justifies everything!
18. You walk out of the store on the biggest rush
It doesn’t matter that I just spent my entire rent money right?
19. You finally get home and must try everything right away
BEST DAY EVER!
bh tip: Don’t forget to double cleanse to remove excess makeup and avoid clogged pores. We love Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm and Environ Skincare Skin Essentia Dual Action Pre-Cleansing Oil.
How many of these beauty buying moments can you relate to?
Have you tried any of the products mentioned above?
Review them now to earn points that you can swap for free beauty products in RewardsRoom.