Competition: beautyheaven’s BlogStar promotion
Hiding at the very back of most bathroom cupboards is a little tub of petroleum jelly that has been ignored for years. But who knew that it actually had so many great uses? I’ve compiled here 20 great tips for PJ and here they are!”¨”¨
1. Clean Hands. Slather a little petroleum jelly on your hands before you begin any chore. It will keep stains, paint, dirt and any grease from sticking to you. When you’re done, just wipe it off with a tissue or towel.”¨”¨
2. Shoe Shiner. Rub some petroleum jelly onto your old shoes, boots or purse to have them looking new and shiny again!”¨”¨
3. Stop Hair Dye Stains. Apply petroleum jelly along your hairline and ears so now hair dye stains your skin
”¨”¨4. Cuts and Scrapes. Petroleum Jelly protects any cuts and scrapes while preventing any moisture and bacteria to get through. Do NOT use on burns though as it traps the heat in making the damage worse.”¨”¨
5. Perfume Scent. Dab some petroleum jelly to perfume points before spritzing the perfume to make it last longer.”¨”¨
6. Nail Polish. Rub some petroleum jelly around your fingernails so any nail polish mistakes can easily be wiped off.
”¨”¨7. Softer Feet. Apply petroleum jelly to your feet after bathing or showering, and before you go to bed to wake up with wonderfully soft feet.
”¨”¨8. Lip Gloss. Mix an eyeshadow colour with petroleum jelly to create your own lip gloss.
”¨”¨9. Makeup Remover. No need to spend any more money on expensive makeup remover as petroleum jelly does a just as good job while softening the skin.”¨”¨
10. Stuck Rings. Ease off any stuck on and hard to remove rings with a little petroleum jelly.”¨”¨
11. Smoky Eye. Apply eyeliner as normal, then smear a small amount of petroleum jelly over the top for a messy smoky look.”¨”¨
12. Lash Grower. Using a clean mascara wand or lash brush, apply a little to your lashes before you go to bed each night and watch them grow!
”¨”¨13. Dewy Look. Apply to cheeks for a lovely dewy glow.”¨”¨
14. Brow Tamer. Apply petroleum jelly to eyebrows to tame them and keep them neat.”¨”¨
15. Remove Lash Glue. Rub some petroleum jelly onto your eyelashes to remove any glue leftover.”¨”¨
16. Lip Exfoliator. Apply to lips and using an old toothbrush, scrub gently on lips to remove dead skin cells.”¨”¨
17. Hide Split Ends. Using your fingertips, rub a little petroleum jelly into the ends of your hair to hide split ends.
”¨”¨18. Prevent Razor Burn. Apply to shaved area after shaving to prevent razor burn and irritations.”¨”¨
19. Body Exfoliant. Mix with sea salt or sugar to make a body exfoliant.”¨”¨
20. Prevent Stretch Marks. (For pregnant women) Massage into tummy to prevent any unwanted stretch marks.