Polka dot hot
When you have a question – we work to get an answer. So when Blissful Beauty enquired about a how-to for some pimpin’ polka dot nails from Fashion Week, we were only too happy to deliver…
We sought the help of Fiona Hay, ORLY’s Creative Director – to demonstrate how to pull off the perfect polka dot nails from Karla Spetic’s RAFW show.
- It’s all about the buff and shape. Using ORLY’s Black Board file, shape nails so they’re square and then buff the surface with ORLY’s Double-Time Shine buffer.
- Soften cuticles and remove dead tissue from the cuticle area using ORLY Cutique.
- Cleanse nail beds and apply a base coat, followed by two coats of your chosen ORLY nail varnish. For Karla Spetic’s show, a couple of shades used were ORLY Rich Crème in Vixen (dark red brown), ORLY French Manicure Collection in Je T’aime (sheer pastel pink crème) and ORLY Hot Stuff in White Out. Allow shades to set for five minutes.
- Now, the tricky part. Using the pointed end of an orange wood stick, gently create polka dots, in horizontal rows of four, then three and so on,
- Once dry, seal with ORLY Sec ‘n Dry top coat and a few drops of ORLY Flash Dry for super speedy drying time.
And if killer nails and expert how-tos aren’t enough, ORLY loves us so much, that they’re offering beautyheaven members a permanent 15 percent discount on all ORLY goodies bought through their online store. To receive your discount, simply enter the promotional code: beautyheaven at the checkout. So what are you waiting for? Get painting!
What's your favourite nail look right now?