How-to: water marble nail art
Want to get a little arts-and-crafts-y with your manicure? Well, it sounds like a water marble nail art look is just for you. The results look amazing, and it’s not that hard to achieve. It can get a little messy though, so keep some nail polish remover handy.
If you don’t have time to watch the video above, here’s the short version:
1) Gather your tools: a small bowl of room-temperature water, a few nail polish colours that work well together, and a skewer.
2) Place some sticky tape on the skin around your nails – this will help to minimise the mess. Hot tip: don’t do as I did, instead making sure the sticky tape goes quite far down your finger.
3) Drop your nail polish shades one-by-one in the water, so they produce a bullseye effect.
4) Take your skewer and create any pattern your heart desires.
5) Dip each nail into the pattern, ensuring you submerge your nail in the water. While your finger is in the water, stir the skewer to clean up the excess polish.
6) Repeat the process for each nail.
7) Once your polish is dry, remove the tape and clean up any mess with your nail polish remover.
8) Voila! Marble nails!
Here are a few of bh's favourite polishes to get you started!
Have you tried water marble nail art before? Would you give this a go?